“good stay”

Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street
Ranked #48 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed June 23, 2013

we visited here when we went to see bon jovi and rod stewart stayed two night was nice staff helpful and friendly,rooms was lovely and bed was so comfy. very central for both occasions as one was at the etihad and the other m.e.n. Subway next door and a cracking curry house across the road,Would stay again just i cant see why hotels are a allowed to up prices when someone big is in the city, we tried for robbie williams and it was 200.00 what is that all about, But i would recommend this hotel we went to canal street for a drink great place for a drink, food at the ibis is lovely the breakfast was just great. All in all a clean and great hotel,xx

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisManchester, Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Great to hear how much you enjoyed your visit to Manchester and your stay at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street.

In regards to our prices, I appreciate that it might be perceived as not “budget”; however, there were still very competitive and in many instance half of other 4-star hotels in the same location.
Once again thank you for your feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Manchester again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very clean and check in was smooth and straightforward(thanks to the receptionist!), when we first arrived TV was broken but that was quickly resolved. Free tea amd coffee and bed was comfortable. My only issue is the fact the WiFi is not actually free and I had to use my iphone for Internet connection. All in all a good stay! Would return for a short stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for telling us how much you have enjoyed your stay with us. I was very sad to read that your television was not in working order at first. In the meantime, I am glad that the team has made their utmost to solve this issue quickly.

Furthermore, I am very pleased to confirm that ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street is, since yesterday, providing free Wi-Fi access throughout the whole hotel.

Once again, thank you very much for your review and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel on your next visit in Manchester.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Beds are very comfortable and everything was clean and neat. Location is perfect, it is not luxorious but confortable and everythng around check in/out worked fine. Truly good value for money! We were very satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your stay in ibis Manchester Portland Street. It is always a pleasure for our team to read that our commitment to customer care is appreciated.

Once again thank you for your review and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed here with a friend for a girls night out in Manchester, fantastic value, clean, fantastic location on Portland Street right in the centre of Manchester. Hotel staff very helpful, I left my perfume in the room, I contacted the hotel the following day and they emailed me straight back to say they had the perfume and would post it out to me or keep it for me to collect......I have re-booked for August..........good enough excuse to go back!! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for your kind thoughts. My team and I are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in August.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Clean rooms, cosy feeling, fresh and light decor. Really liked the shower design.
We will stay here again as we try to make a trip to manchester every month and so far its been the best weve stayed at and the location is perfect for the bars that we go to.
The lady at check in was polite and proffesional.
The only bad point was that housekeeping staff knocked on the door before we were out of bed but it wasnt that early so not to bad.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your loyalty to ibis.

I was very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Furthermore, I would like to thank you very much for you nice review. In regards with the housekeeping staff knocking on the door, in the future, should you wish not to be disturb, please place the “Do not Disturb” sign on your door before to go to bed.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and I am looking forward to welcoming you back at ibis Manchester Portland Street very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed here for two nights and found it to be one of the better chain hotels I have stayed in. The main reason for this is the quality of the rooms - the bed was very, very comfy and the air conditioning meant that the humidity outside didn't stop me having a good nights sleep. The staff are well-trained and friendly, the location ten minutes from Piccadilly was ideal for arriving by train and the price very competitive. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
IbisManchester, Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis Manchester City Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Once again, thank you for your nice feedback and I am sure we will have the pleasure of your company in the very near future.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The Ibis Portland Street has been recently renovated and is looking quite good. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed very comfortable.

It's about a 10 minute walk to Piccadilly so if you need an early train out of town in the morning it's very convenient.

There was one major downside to this hotel - the amount of noise from the traffic on Portland Street.

I've stayed in many city centre hotels and I've never had a room where I'm still being woken up by buses late at night, despite the fact I was sleeping with wax earplugs in! Normally I can't hear anything through those earplugs, but the noise level was so bad I could still hear the traffic. Either they need to get their double glazing looked at or install another pane of glass on each window on the side of the hotel that faces the street. The window ledges are more than deep enough to allow for this.

If I were staying there again I would request a room away from Portland Street, but as there's no guarantee I'd rather stay somewhere further away with less noise so won't be going there again in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisManchester, Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not fully meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back Ibis Manchester City Centre and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.