“Convenient”

Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street
Ranked #52 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great location, bright, clean and pleasant hotel, polite staff and reasonable breakfast for the price. Not particularly quiet but what can you expect in city centre location? Car parking very close with discount if you ask at reception.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
IbisManchester, General Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give the hotel your valuable feedback and we are looking forward to have the pleasure of your company at Ibis Manchester again very soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Very good location as it is in the centre of Manchester. I liked the modern reception/breakfast area.The room
was really quiet and clean with all the necessary facilities. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would definetely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for your great feedback.

We are all working very hard to provide our guest with 1st class service and it is very rewarding and motivational when we learn that our efforts have been appreciated.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again in Ibis Manchester in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 24, 2012

For many years I have stayed at the Ibis (mainly Manchester) every 8 weeks, last visit was this Sunday/Monday.
Firstly the new beds are brilliant...however the new style breakfast is superb, with much more choice of hot food.......please continue!!!!
Also I must mention how helpful and friendly the staff are on all my visits...thank you x x

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel overlookl the main road and can be noisy at night...ask for a back f...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ruth G
IbisManchester, General Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for your lovely review. I am always pleased to hear that we have been able to meet or exceed our guest’s expectations when they have been to stay time and time again. We work hard to try and remain consistent with our high standards so I am delighted to read your review. Also thank you very much for your feedback with regards to the great service that you experienced from our team they are extremely delighted with your feedback. I hope we remain your first choice in Manchester and will look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was recently in Manchester for a few nights and stayed at the Ibis. I really liked the location as it was an easy 10-15 minute walk to both train stations and there were plenty of pubs and restaurants very close by. My room was actually larger than I thought it would be and the "space pod" bathroom was really cool. Clean rooms too.The people in the lobby were very helpful when I needed information and they had a free computer in the lobby. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ricka..

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Manchester Centre and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Ioannis Koletakis

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We recently had an overnight stay whilst attending a concert. We enjoyed a flawless check in and our room was ready on arrival The room was tidy clean and basic Good location very central Bed extremley comfy,good breakfast Would stay again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mandi942

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Manchester Centre and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed October 15, 2012

You get what you pay for -- and I stayed here on a last-minute booking.
the first night, the street noise was so loud that I hardly slept at all -- even with the windows closed and the room becoming like a stuffy oven. the very nice staff moved me into a room facing the courtyard for the rest of my stay, which really helped -- but was still a major disruption to my day to have to return to the hotel at lunch.
The fan/air system in neither room worked at all. I resorted to opening the window for ventilation, and the hotel kindly left me a plug-in fan in the room.
What REALLY gets me about this is that I am an Accor club "silver" status member -- which gets me absolutely nothing (and never has for 2-3 years now) as far as I can tell.
I would give this place 2 stars if the staff hadn't been so nice and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
IbisManchester, General Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Ibis Manchester Centre. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the air cooling System, which we have since addressed. As for the Le Club card please visit accorhotels website where you will be able to access your profile and view all your points and benefits otherwise, please contact me direct in order to put you in contact with our customer service.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,
Ioannis koletakis

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Basic but clean, comfortable bed, good breakfast, and efficient warm welcome. Very central and much better than the Britannia down the street, but on a busy road and noisy at night with the window open. The Labour Party conference was in full swing and revellers were returning at all hours of the night to the Novotel next door, hence the noise. It may be quieter at other times of the year.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Ibis Manchester Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards