“Value for Money”

ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel
Ranked #48 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 22, 2013

ibis Manchester it turkey value for he money you spend with friendly staff, cleanly and tidy rooms. Well located allowing you to walk into the city centre. Breakfast was very good although it is an additional charge but convenient. Would most definitely stay again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Miguel Mendes

Write a ReviewReviews (1,442)

Reviewed December 20, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Decided to give London a miss this Christmas so booked a cheap hotel in Manchester. Train was cheap and this hotel is within walking distance from Piccadilly station.
There is a pub on the corner "The Garrett" where the food was extremely cheap so was good for a quick snack. Canal Street for entertainment and China Town are very close.
The hotel was very clean and can't think of anything to complain about. Worth a cheap stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Hotel Ibis in Manchester Princess Street. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights Room was clean, staff were helpful with directions etc. ideal location long for exploring the city.
Room cleaned on second day also.
Reasonably priced for the time of year.
Was awoken by sawing on the floor above at 8:30 this was also still happening when I returned to the hotel at 5pm. I was on the 6th floor.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed December 17, 2013

stayed for 1 night as we were going to a concert at 02 apollo. my partner forgot to print off our concert tickets and claire on reception printed the off for us and went above and beyond to help us.
the other staff were also as helpful and the rooms were clean comfortable and we slept really well.
would highly recommend anyone to stay here as the staff were also very informative about the local area and arranged taxis for us.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 504 and did not have any issues with noise as others have mentioned
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable.
Best regards

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I don't usually write reviews for anything including stays in hotels or do I take much notice of what other people think as you cannot please everyone all the time, however on this occasion I need to write a review as I do believe the hotel management read the reviews and respond.
I stayed here last weekend (14-12-2013) to visit the Christmas markets and for my annual night out with friends. We arrived and checked into room 704 where the room smelt of smoke but seeing as the cleaners were still on the floor I wrongly assumed they had reported this. We opened the window then went to explore the markets. We got back had a quick shower for me to find a smelly towel with make up on it, at this point it was too late to complain as I was naked and wanted to enjoy my christmas night out. When we got back in from a brilliant night in Manchester i noticed a carrier bag over the smoke alarm. I did not touch it as I thought there was a fault with it and as the cleaners had been in the room I thought they were aware.
I now find that I was very wrong and should of made the reception aware of this as they have charged my friends credit card £50 as they state that they have evidence that we were smoking in the room. I contacted the hotel this morning to explain that it was not myself or my husband as we have never smoked in our lives and could provide medical reports that would prove this. I got told that they had evidence and that I was more a less a liar as it could of been the people who we were with (who by the way have never smoked and why would I let them smoke in my room if they did!!!!). The person I spoke to today was extremely rude and arrogant saying that it was me and that it was in the terms and conditions that no smoking is permitted. He did not wish to listen to what I had to say and kept saying they had evidence that it was me that had been smoking in the room.
It was evident that the cleaners had not done a proper job of cleaning or reporting the ordour in the room.
I have learnt a valuable lesson this weekend, that from now on I will complain about every little detail. This is not the kind of person that I am and I am thinking of approaching the local council and paper about this as I feel very strongly about this as I have been accused of something that I have not done and think smoking is appalling (sorry to you smokers out there). I am very naive and stupid and I know now that I should of complained but I didn't as was there for only one night I was making do with the room that that was provided as at least the bedding was clean.

Oh!!! one last point the room also had black mould running along the top of the ceiling, the room was on the 7th floor and I could hear all the traffic noise but I also did not say anything about this either. Yep stupid again never again will I not complain.

Room Tip: By all means use the hotel but do not accept room 704 and if you do check it thoroughly before agree...
Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Like mentioned on my last response, after the situation was explained I personally refunded the penalty charge.