“Not the best...”

ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel
Ranked #48 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel is situated near the city centre but from the moment I checked in with my friend felt so unwanted and welcome it was untrue. The person on the desk was about as warm as a cold turkey. I had been to Manchester before but didn't know the city too well, there were no information leaflets to be seem and in all honesty after the initial cold turkey welcome I wasn't going to ask for much and hoped my sense of direction would.
The room was okay and satisfactory, and the shower lovely and large. The car park across the road, along with a bypass nearby and the rail track also meant that noise was prevalient to the area.
I was supposed to stay longer in this establishment but had to leave early due to diabetes problems/stomach problems. My friend checked us out but was offered no drop in price, so we stayed for 1 night and paid for 3 or possibly 4. Surely a refund should be given and the room accomodated to someone else?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank dishydes
H3143, Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your last stay at our Ibis hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and if you wish to discuss any further please feel free to contact me back at the hotel. Many thanks, Emilien Felix - Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,440)

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Had a great stay at this hotel last night. Could not recommend it more! Staff were so nice, especially Matt. They went out of their way for us. Would 100% recommend it to anyone! The rooms where perfect. The location is good, its about a 5 minute walk from the centre of the city.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedbacks, it is always a pleasure to hear my staff went all the wya to help you out. I will make sure to pass them on your review. We all look forward to seeing you back very soon. Many thanks! Emilien Felix - Assistant General Manager

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Hotel is in an ideal location for Manchester centre with a car park across the road
It is a shame that Ibis have let this hotel go to the dumps
the reception has been refurbished but out room was dirty carpets where sticky and coming off the floor

IBIS had a record of being value for money with clean rooms and great service not at this one

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Boro1947
H3143, Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back! Many thanks, Emilien Felix - Assistant General Manager

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The location is a bit far from city centre, 15 minutes walk, the surrounding kind of dodgy, but I did not experience any crime there. I think it is quite safe. The staff was really helpful and kind. The bedroom was very clean. But free internet was only in Lobby. However, the rate was quite cheap, so it's valuable for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing your last stay with us. It is very appreciated and I am most delighted to hear you have enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you back soon! Emilien Felix - Assistant General Manager

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff went out their way to print me out a map to the restaurant we were goin. Rooms clean and great location. Although they have no car park it was only.a short walk to the ncp which must have an arrangenent with the hotel because it was only £6 for 24 hrs instead of £18. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 30, 2013

If you are looking for a place to rest your head.... and have a bar and decent food to boot in the hotel.. this is the place.... clean.... comfy beds, central to Manchester, the train station and Man United games... as well as to all the pubs =)

What a bonus to have someone there working from Connecticut USA =) Thank you for all your tips on Manchester, I hope to see you again! =) PS- I will! =)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
H3143, Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedbacks and your kind review! I am most delighted to see you have had enjoyed our hotel and services. This is always a good reward and a credit to all of my team! I will make sure I pass them on your experience. We all look forward to seeing you back very soon! Many thanks, Emilien Felix - Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The reception staff were extremely welcoming and helpful if asked any questions. The beds were comfortable and the dimensions of the room more than adequate. Complimentary gels and bathroom all acceptable. Despite overlooking a busy road, the room was quiet.

Room Tip: The hotel was ideally situated for the gay village.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
H3143, Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Alan,

Thank you very much for your last review about our hotel, it is much appreciated. I am delighted to hear my team met your expectations and I will let them know about your kind words. We all look forward to seeing you back very soon! Many thanks, Emilien Felix - Assistant General Manager