“Just what we needed”

ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel
Ranked #46 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend for four nights for a good price, rooms were very clean and tidy, the loo area was like a space pod, good large shower with high pressure, very clean and efficient. Large comfortable beds. Staff were friendly but did have to reset the key card twice for no apparent reason. Good location near pubs not far from town and public transport just on corner would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
H3143, Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your last experience with us. I am glad to hear our hotel met your expectations, and I will make sure to pass on your feedbacks to my team. We all look forward to seeing you back very soon! Emilien Felix - Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here last weekend for four nights for a very competitive price, rooms very clean and tidy, curious shower arrangement similar to walking into a tardis, good large shower with high pressure, everything plastic, no tiles no dirty corners, very clean and efficient.Bed room clean and tidy with large comfortable beds .Staff very friendly and helpful but did have to reset the key card twice.
Overall good value for money good location would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
H3143, Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to hear you have had enjoyed your stay with us, and I will make sure I will pass on your feedbacks to my team. We also all hope to seeing you back very soon! Many thanks, Emilien Felix - Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I paid 29 pounds online for sole use of a decent sized room with a king size bed, quiet side of the hotel, free wifi (and use of computer in the lobby), tea and coffee making equipment and ensuite shower room with a large shower. I was allowed to check in at noon as a room was available and I thought the 2 pound charge to store luggage for the rest of the day after check out was reasnable. The staff were helpful at all times and very efficient.

This particular Ibis is close to the universities and Piccadilly with a Sainsbury's Local only a 5-minute walk away. There are plenty of pubs in the area. I chose this Ibis in preference to paying 21 pounds for a shared dorm at the youth hostel and thought it was an absolute bargain.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Helen H

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went with 5 of my friends for my 18th birthday, midweek. It was a decent walk from Piccadilly train station as it only took 10minutes. We arrived and checked in with no fuss and were told that one of the rooms we booked was 3 floors above the others which was no problem as we all met in one room to have pre-drinks. We then went to the city centre to do some shopping which again was only a short walk. The room was standard as that's all we wanted, there wasn't any stains and the bed was very comfy. However, there wasn't a lock on the bathroom door and it made a loud noise when opening and closing it. The room and bathroom were very clean, as well. When we were ready to go out, the staff at reception were very helpful and booked us a taxi to the print works. Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
H3143, Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your last experience with us. I am delighted to hear you had a good experience with us. It is always a pleasure to read your kind comments, and I will share them with all my team. We are looking forward to seeing you again very soon at the hotel! Many thanks, Emilien Felix - Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Several months in advance I was able to book a room here for a Thursday night at £29. The room was basic and compact, and I wasn't expecting anything more. The bed was comfortable, there was a good shower, and other than the carpet the room was clean. There were no chairs but that didn't bother me, neither were there any hand towels so I used both large towels.

The location suited me as I wanted to visit the Whitworth Art Gallery as well as the Manchester Art Gallery and other city centre attractions. There is a railway line running across a bridge nearby, but the noise from the trains was tolerable. Unfortunately there is a pub across the road, and I was woken up twice in the early hours by the noise from revellers outside, enjoying the warm summer night.

I just had the continental breakfast and could have eaten more for the £7.95 had I wanted to.

On the whole I was satisfied, but had I paid the normal price I'm not sure how happy I would have been.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Elizabeth A

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your last experience with us. I am delighted to hear you have enjoyed our hotel. We are looking forward to seeing you again very soon at the hotel! Many thanks, Emilien Felix - Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The room was dirty, the air on didn't work and there was no lockon the bathroom door. We were also put in an adjoining room to a random couple who woke us up early I'm the morning when we could have been adjoined to our friends we had gone with.
Room was over priced disappointing

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give the Ibis brand the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Emilien Felix / Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was visiting Manchester with friends for one night and had not made the booking. This poor excuse for lodging taught me that I have limits to what I will put up with.

I checked in, was charged GBP99 before seeing the room, went up to the third floor, walked in to the room, saw the stained carpets and dirst bench tops and walked out immediately. I went down to reception and said I could not stay in that room that it was very dirty, and they gave me another room. I went to that room and found it just as bad.

Before going back to reception I called American Express travel in Sydney and they found a room for me in the Radisson Blu Hotel for GBP145. I then went back to reception and said the second room was unacceptable and to their credit, they voided the GBP99 charge.

I then went to the other hotel and had a very pleasant night.

What more can be said?

If the hotel had been clean, it waould have been basic but acceptable. Perhaps the owner/managers will fix this property to a minimum standard.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
H3143, Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give the Ibis brans the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Emilien Felix / Assistant General Manager