“Good enough for a stay over”

ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel
Ranked #46 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 2, 2012

It's a good location for central Manchester but a bind to get to in the car. Plenty of good bars and clubs surround it. The insulation on the 6th floor windows leaves something to be desired but if all you are doing is staying over for a gig, show or something else it's as good as any other hotel - the beds are very comfy and spacious.

Room Tip: It's a good location for central Manchester but a bind to get to in the car. Plenty of good bars...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time in writting a review about your last stay at our hotel Ibis Manchester Princess Street. We always welcome feedbacks with pleasure, in order to improve our services, and I have taken note the comment you have made about the insulation on the 6th floor. Looking forward welcoming you soon.
Regards Jorge Otero

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Staff were friendly and helpful....... Good value for money and would recommend booking for the breakfast £5 help your self serves ( full English ) ..... And a carpark just cross the road £2 all weekend Saturday Sunday :-)
..… …

• Stayed: October 2012
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time in writting a review about your last stay at our hotel Ibis Manchester Princess Street. We always welcome feedbacks with pleasure, in order to improve our services. I am pleased to hear you have had a good time with us.
Looking forward welcoming you soon

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Booked this hotel as I got a good deal and I was going to a concert then for drinks in the town and just needed somewhere to stay for the night, nothing fancy, The reception was lovely, the staff were friendly and helpful and it was everything we needed. The rooms were basic but clean, there was everything we needed, I would stay again, but not for a special occasion.

Room Tip: there are 7 floors to the hotel- ironing room is on floor two.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
It is lovely starting the week with such as fantastic comments about your stay with us. It was our pleasure to make your stay excellent.
Kind Regards

Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is the worst Ibis hotel I have ever stayed in.
Rooms are tiny. Toilet is like a wordrobe! I can't believe there was no refrigerator in the room! I asked for extra blanket because it was too cool in the night & nobody cared to bring me one. They do not have any worker to help with the luggage.
I do not recommend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank o_sobhy

Dear Mr Sobhy
First of all I would like to thank Mr. Sobhy for taking the time to tell us about her stay at the Ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street and ones again to express my sincerest apologies that we did not meet her expectations.
Reading carefully Mr. Sobhy comments, I feel that she may have been expecting as to be a different type of hotel. As I am sure you are aware, we are an economy hotel and I order to provide our customers with value for money we do have services like porterage. However we are more than happy to help any guest that requires our help with luggage or parcels. Also our rooms are very ergonomic and comfortable with pay TV, hairdryer, complementary tea & Coffee facilities but definitely not covered with luxurious items.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I paid £149 for room only last Saturday night. My first allocated room had no lights working, 2nd room had no bedside lights and a very ill fitting toilet seat which sent me spiralling across the shower cubicle.
The room itself felt grubby, sheets were definitely clean but the carpet, blinds and ceiling were very badly stained (how does the ceiling get so dirty).
Bar service was extremely slow almost non-existent as if it was an effort to supply refr3eeshments.I ordered nachos as a snack which were nachos and mayonaise nothing else!!! They had no cooled medium white or ice available so I was forced to drink brandy - shame!!!
Overall the whole stay was shocking, an absolute scandalous amount of money for no better than a hostel.......infact I bet a hostel would have been more appealing - NEVER AGAIN!!!!!
Only saving grace was the car park costs £2 per day at weekends. (every cloud has a silver lining I just wish I had slept in my car)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Claire T

Dear Guest:
Many thanks for the review about the Ibis Manchester. I was disappointed to read that you where not fully satisfied with your stay, I would like to offer you my sincerest apologies.
I will be looking myself personally the issues you have raised about the blinds and the carpet not been clean to the standars.
The reason for the high rate you paid for your stay is due to the high demand that Manchester Princess Street had during the weekend of your stay, like every hotel in the city we have a lot of people who travel to Manchester to watch football, as well as numerous concerts on at the city on that weekend, which means that the city is extremely busy. I would always suggest to book as early as possible to get the best room rate.
Best Regards

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed for one night on business. Bright, friendly greeting and it was useful having the hotel close to the city centre. Despite advertising an internet, films and TV package this was not available. A minor inconvenience. Absolutely fine for a short business stay over.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time in writting a review about your last stay at our hotel Ibis Manchester Princess Street. We always welcome feedbacks with pleasure, good and bad, in order to improve our services or encourage our team. I am pleased to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us but wished our location was more suitable for your needs. Looking forward welcoming you soon.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
H3143, General Manager at ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012