“Gorgeous food and friendly atmosphere!”
Review of Rozafa

Rozafa
Ranked #152 of 2,389 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

For starter we ordered the Haloumi cheese which was lovely and a good size for starter dish. I ordered a mixed Souvlaki which was very flavoursome and a decent size. The price wasn't bad either. My boyfriend ordered a 'from the oven' main which was cubes of lamb in a tomato based sauce. The flavours were lovely and delicate and the lamb was really tender. I loved the fact that you can choose what to have as your accompainment (ie: salad, rice, potatoes...) as this allowed you to make your meal as light or filling as you want. The staff were really friendly and accommodating with a good sense of humour. It was also nice to hear a band playing traditioal music as this added to the experience. We definitely will return and recommend to friends and family as we had a really good time for a reasonable price.

1  Thank Luisa L

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We visited while staying in roomzz aparthotel down the road . Myself and my husband love Greek food so thought we would take a chance when we saw the restaurant and we where not sorry . We had the same 4 course meze for 2 . £25 per person. There was loads of food all delicious and the Greek music and dancing topped it off nicely . Would definitely visit again

1  Thank Lyndsay W
Reviewed June 8, 2014

visited last night for a very special occasion in which my fiance booked and re confirmed the booking a few hours before.when we arrived the restaurant wasn't even half full and we mentioned we had booked a table.the staff told us to wait at the bar and he would sort our table out for us.clearly there wasn't a table reserved for us and just pulled a table over from another long table! they put us next to the kitchen also next to the bar and the plate stacking area.staff were walking to and throw past us and in deed one member of staff knocked my chair without an apology,we asked if we could move and we were told they only had a table next to the door.why? when the restaurant was empty. we were in the worst seating position as staff were coming in and out of the kitchen also going to and from the bar,we decided not to eat here as felt we didn't want to give the restaurant our money,we ordered a glass of wine and pitta out of courtesy. we decided to eat at another Greek restaurant in Manchester instead, and as i said it was a special occasion for us and the service there was great and we didnt even book a table,we will not be returning to this rozafa again.

3  Thank deeStockport
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My partner and I visited Rozafa last night for a meal and after reading some of the reviews on here we were a little concerned, we needn't have been! The food was exemplary, service was attentive and all in all it was an excellent evening. My partner had the keleftiko while I went for the Greek mixed grill and the portions were huge! Yes, we were offered olives which we were then charged for but we could have refused them and £2 for a bowl of olives will hardly break the bank! Drinks were more expensive that you would pay in a pub but that is always the case in restaurants and they certainly weren't the dearest drinks we've purchased in food establishments, not by a long shot! At just under £50 for the 2 of us for starter, main and drinks I would say Rozafa is excellent value for money, it was worth every penny for the happy memories of family holidays to Cyprus that were invoked by the first bottle of Keo I've had in nearly ten years! A fantastic evening, so much so that I'm already planning our next visit!

1  Thank NykieB76
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Me and my wife regularly cist Rozafa even though we live nearly an hour away. The good is excellent very authentic the staff lovely and the entertainment brilliant. I find it hard to believe anyone could not enjoy the food here and as for expensive I think you are reviewing the wrong place. It normally costs the 2 of us between £50/£65 depending on what we chose that's for 3 courses and drinks. Very reasonable especially in a city centre. I would revommend Rozafa to anyone who asks just wish I lived closer so could go more often.

1  Thank Tim P