“Super Food bit pricy for a 'cafe'”
Review of Rozafa

Rozafa
Ranked #138 of 2,279 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Super Food bit pricy for a 'cafe'”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Really nice food, wished we got the early doors menu as the alc is a bit expensive for a café atmosphere but you cannot fault the quality.

Visited August 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Atmosphere & Lovely Staff / Food”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I went to Rozafa recently with my partner on a Friday night.

Staff were extremely friendly, chatty, helpful. Some even danced to the live act that was playing traditional greek music while you ate.

Food was delicious I had a slowly cooked lamb dish which was excellent and I would highly recommend.

Will definitely be returning.

• Visited May 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great night enjoyed by all!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Came here last Saturday evening (24th Aug) with my partner and his parents. Was looking forward to having some more Greek food as I had not had any since I was last in Cyprus 2 years ago. From the moment we walked in to the moment we left we had a great time and enjoyed some gorgeous food and fun entertainment courtesy of the friendly staff who could not do enough to ensure we were satisfied.
One criticism would be they over did it on the sauces and seasonings on my stuffed chicken. It was full of flavour and cooked to perfection but was a little overpowering on my taste buds. But hey that may be just me!

They even served Keo Beer, an amazing Cypriot beer which I would recommend you all try when you visit Rozafa or even Cyprus!

I cannot wait for my next visit, whenever that may be! I would whole-heartedly recommend it to anyone as the menu is so varied!

• Visited August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very good food, hilarious entertainment!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have been here many times in the past couple of years, each time the service has been decent, the food great and the entertainment fantastic.
If you are going to go here I would recommend you go at the weekend and book a table, during the week it is a little quieter and they have no entertainment, plus the staff can be a little slow on weekdays, weekends seem to keep them busy and rushing.
Firstly the interior, well decorated in stereotypical Greek blue and white, but a welcome change from the grey of Manchester town center. Plenty of space between most tables. There are a few tables outside which are nice during warm and sunny days in summer.
Secondly the menu, plenty of traditional Greek choices, very typical, there isn't much finesse and imagination in the dishes, they are standard Greek recipes which isn't bad at all, traditional Greek food is DELICIOUS to say the least.
Each time I have been in I have tried something new, or had the mix of mezethes (which is always good) and I have never been disappointed with my choice.
The set menu (mezethes) has 3 courses; Greek salad and dips to start, special set meat/fish dishes for seconds and kebabs and rice to finish.
Plenty of Greek and Cypriot drinks to try, plus the generic wines and beers you find at most places. The last time I went in they had ran out of Mythos beer due to the problems in Greece at the time, I hope they have managed to restock before my next visit.
Lastly the entertainment; what great fun, Friday/Saturday nights they have a live band playing all the Greek classics like Zorba's Dance which is a delight in itself, but then as the evening approaches the staff start dancing, and asking people to join them, you get people dancing on chairs and tables, a smashed plate every now and again (wonderful) and everyone is just having a great time. It does unfortunately make it impossible to continue a conversation with your group, but most people on their first time are speechless anyway, it's all very funny.
Highly recommend, I will go again and again.
For those in south Manchester I also recommend Kosmos Taverna in Fallowfield (although they have no dancing and plate smashing, perhaps a welcome piece of information for some)

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank TLHeath
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was our first visit and we were not disappointed. From arriving to leaving the staff were excellent friendly and quick to respond. The booking was for four but we had an additional person on the night the waiter quickly had a an additional place set. We had a mixture of starters to share dips and prawn Saganaki. Followed by Kota Souvlaki (Chicken) which was a little spicy although it was not clear that it would be on the menu so do ask if you want it plain. However the lamb Kleftiko was absolutely excellent and would recommend. We were celebrating my husbands birthday which we only mentioned once whilst tasting the wine and it was not forgotten the waiters came out singing happy birthday to him when bringing the coffees. A very traditional night including being entertained by a greek musician / singer and dancing waiters. Really enjoyable evening.

• Visited August 2013