“Too slow, too noisy, too cold”
Review of Rozafa

Rozafa
Ranked #133 of 2,295 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Farnham UK
“Too slow, too noisy, too cold”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I chose Rozafa on the back of TA positive ratings. I had hoped that reviewers' main reservations about slowness of service would not be realised but sadly dear readers it is all true.
Our table was booked for 8.15pm. We left nearly 2 hours later having eaten just 2 courses. It took ages for them to take our order and the wait between the 2 courses was very long. Service when it arrived was perfectly pleasant.
The food was good but certainly not the same as we experienced in Greece when we visited. The house wine was drinkable but again not up to the standard we got in the Greek island tavernas.
Two other observations. I requested an upstairs table as I'd read about the live music downstairs and our family group wanted a buzzy atmosphere but where we could also chat. The music was relayed through speakers upstairs and it was really loud, making conversation a real struggle. Secondly I felt cold throughout the evening. The place was full which usually generates a lot of heat but the a/c was on too high & too long.
All in all, Rozafa disappointed and I wouldn't go back. Too slow, too loud, too chilly & too many better options to eat out in city centre Manchester.

1 Thank Gill1960

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Never Disappoints!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've been to Rozafa on 3 different occasions, all for birthdays, and every time the food and service has been fantastic. The latest visit was for my birthday on a Saturday night, so the restaurant was full but with a nice atmosphere. The waiters all have such fun together and are always dancing to the live music or clapping along, and for the first time I got to watch the smashing of the plates! It's not distracting or too noisy, it's great entertainment. They even surprised me with a cake and got the whole restaurant to sing Happy Birthday to me which was a very nice touch. Very reasonable prices, as the food portions are so big, you definitely won't leave here hungry. I actually want to go now after writing this review, it's made me quite hungry thinking about it!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank BD12_x
“Great food, friendly waiters, pricey drinks.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We went last night to celebrate our anniversary. It was a Monday so not very busy. Both waiters were really friendly, and the food was superb. We had the meat meze, which was absolutely lovely. The house rose was fine. Only gripe was the price of the drinks. We had 4 ouzo & lemonades which came to £18. Overall though, a really nice night & I would recommend for an authentic Greek night.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Authentic Greek food”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Never been to a Greek restaurant before except typical holiday makers meals in Cyprus or Corfu which was nice but a basic menu.decided to go for romantic meal to celebrate our engagement on New Year's Eve.i booked and arrived early at 7 pm which is good as it started to get busy early.the staff there were so attentive but did not mither us or rush us to finish.we had the meze which was stunning.we have never had so many dishes in one night and thought it was never ending..they even had Cypriot st pantemilion wine.the only down side was I was driving.thanks we will be back.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Robert R
Reading, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff and good food!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I was made to feel very welcome on arrival. Food arrived in good time and was very good.

Thoroughly enjoyed my meal with staff being attentive and tasty food. I would recommend the restaurant and it makes me want to visit Greece again!

1 Thank timboandrews