“Excellent, delicious food, lovely people”
Review of Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Ranked #2 of 48 Dessert in Manchester
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Went for a family lunch, and four of us had brilliant tasty food, the most fantastic milkshakes (the Charlie Brown is astonishing, Reece's pieces in a glass) and thought the staff were friendly and attentive.

Portions are massive, but take a hungry teenager and give him free reign with the plates.

Fully loaded fries are amazing, the sweet potato variety are probably the best I ever ate.

Loved the place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Fantastic food and a lovely atmosphere. I had pulled pork and sweet potato fries which were to die for. Others in the group had burgers which were amazing too. There was a nice choice of home made cakes and desserts and a good choice of drinks including a few quirky ones. So far it's retaining its Northern Quarter individuality. Hope it stays that way.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Tucked away in the Northern Quarter of Manchester, this place provides an excellent friendly atmosphere. I had the pulled pork main meal, with jalapeno's and sweet potato fries, salad and coleslaw, which was fabulous.

I had several homebrew lagers which were very nice. Its a bit on the pricey side if you are on a budget, but it is a lovely place, with great staff.

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

You are spoilt for choice in the northern quarter for places to eat and drink, me, my sister and my friend chose here and we're glad we did. Good homemade food, I had the mouthwatering pulled pork and boneless. Southern fried chicken burger with homemade chips I think it's called something slightly different on the menu, it was gorgeous I'd have it again x the prices for food were decent and the cakes for dessert looked and tasted great. Some lovely creations. My only concern being that the cakes were all uncovered on display which made the top of sister's cake slice a bit stale as it had obviously been exposed to the air for a while but overall this is a lovely homely place, staff friendly and I would definitely go again!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Best pulled pork sandwich going, a good selection on the menu and great selection of home made cakes. Staff are friendly and attentive. Not the biggest of venues but a good relaxed atmosphere. would definately recommend for a pleasant lunch in the city whilst there shopping.