“A hidden Gem”

Home Sweet Home
Ranked #2 of 44 Dessert in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Cafe, British, Diner
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A hidden Gem”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

A friend of ours recommended this place for breakfast, it's slightly off the beaten track and doubt if we would have come across it without directions.
Staff excellent, menu interesting and spoilt for choice when deciding what to have for breakfast.
Food delicious and freshly cooked.
Very reasonably priced and will definitely be back.

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have visited Home Sweet Home on several occasions and always have a great experience. Great food, Fab cakes and a lovely atmosphere.

I often come here with friends for a coffee and end uo staying for several drinks and a meal!

The menu is full of yummy hearty foods, thick and tasty shakes and a great cake selection. They also do a great breakfast menu and (although it isnt on the menu) they have always had a gluten free bread option on request.

All in all a great treat to meet friends, with lovely staff and a good atmosphere!

“Delish and healthy”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had a halloumi and falafel salad on a flat bread, it was really lovely and not over priced, and filling! I had a fruit beer also and took a brownie home for a friend and my bill was £13 which for manchester pretty much centre was really good, and the milkshakes looked amazing! Staff were friendly and I got to happily sit and read my book in a window seat.

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Eclectic but great food”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you don't mind some zany service and queuing for the loos adjacent to the tables you will love it here. Sort of a burger, wings, mexican, deli style place with framed embroideries and well meaning but inconsistent waitering staff.
We had the wings to kick and they were big and very tasty with 3 dips. 1 Basket was enough for 4 of us! I had the salt beef sandwich for main - very nice but I wouldn't say loaded with salt beef like it said. Chris had the excellent pulled pork roll and Tom the ribs - which were very nice indeed - so tender. LIz gave up on the Quesedilia - too big - but I had it next day - nice - and Lily had some sort of Calzone thing. No room for desserts.
Interestingly the 5 drinks came at intervals - one at a time.
It was pretty busy on the Sunday lunch time when we went and I think we were lucky to get a table - thanks Manager guy. I would expect the waitresses to suffer a bit if it got more busy.
So potentially 5 star if the service issues sorted - but if you like eclectic you won't mind.
ps thanks to the Oi Polloi clothes shop guy who recommended this place.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A great little find...”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were on a short break to manchester and we're recommended this place from a member of staff at the national football museum. From a first glance at the menu I was impressed with innovative choices at reasonable prices. The pulled pork was the best I have ever tasted and the cheeseburger toaster was also great. We were so impressed that we came back for breakfast the following day. The breakfast waffles were fluffy and the scrambled egg was very tasty. Disappointed we don't have somewhere like this in Glasgow!