“Brilliant!”

Ranked #2 of 48 Dessert in Manchester
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have visited Home Sweet Home on several occasions and always have a great experience. Great food, Fab cakes and a lovely atmosphere.

I often come here with friends for a coffee and end uo staying for several drinks and a meal!

The menu is full of yummy hearty foods, thick and tasty shakes and a great cake selection. They also do a great breakfast menu and (although it isnt on the menu) they have always had a gluten free bread option on request.

All in all a great treat to meet friends, with lovely staff and a good atmosphere!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had a halloumi and falafel salad on a flat bread, it was really lovely and not over priced, and filling! I had a fruit beer also and took a brownie home for a friend and my bill was £13 which for manchester pretty much centre was really good, and the milkshakes looked amazing! Staff were friendly and I got to happily sit and read my book in a window seat.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you don't mind some zany service and queuing for the loos adjacent to the tables you will love it here. Sort of a burger, wings, mexican, deli style place with framed embroideries and well meaning but inconsistent waitering staff.
We had the wings to kick and they were big and very tasty with 3 dips. 1 Basket was enough for 4 of us! I had the salt beef sandwich for main - very nice but I wouldn't say loaded with salt beef like it said. Chris had the excellent pulled pork roll and Tom the ribs - which were very nice indeed - so tender. LIz gave up on the Quesedilia - too big - but I had it next day - nice - and Lily had some sort of Calzone thing. No room for desserts.
Interestingly the 5 drinks came at intervals - one at a time.
It was pretty busy on the Sunday lunch time when we went and I think we were lucky to get a table - thanks Manager guy. I would expect the waitresses to suffer a bit if it got more busy.
So potentially 5 star if the service issues sorted - but if you like eclectic you won't mind.
ps thanks to the Oi Polloi clothes shop guy who recommended this place.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were on a short break to manchester and we're recommended this place from a member of staff at the national football museum. From a first glance at the menu I was impressed with innovative choices at reasonable prices. The pulled pork was the best I have ever tasted and the cheeseburger toaster was also great. We were so impressed that we came back for breakfast the following day. The breakfast waffles were fluffy and the scrambled egg was very tasty. Disappointed we don't have somewhere like this in Glasgow!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place is amazing walked in approached by a inviting waitress told us a wait of 25 minutes for food but she said it will be worth it! Well she wasnt wrong full english (ask them for the veggie black pudding beatuiful) veggie breakfast and scrambled egg with smoked salmon all delicious. The oreo milkshake was to die for!! Cant recommend this place enough!!! Also price is great.

1  Thank Yvonne H