“Miserable staff”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
UK
“Miserable staff”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Popped in during a night out in the Northern Quarter. Quite liked the decor, colourful lampshades and bookshelves. Limited alcoholic beverages but looked like you could still get a coffee which is sometimes a nice late night alternative. However the staff were miserable and brusque with their table service. This made for a sour end to our night out. Will not be returning.

• Visited June 2013

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
manchester
“Great milkshakes, service could be better”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Amazing cakes and milkshakes, good coffee too. Only problem is something that seem's to blight the northern quarter and its the service. Some staff are really friendly and others leave you feeling that your face just doesn't fit. I've been twice and would go again and would recommend to other's to try as hopefully the service will be better the next time I go.

• Visited May 2013
Georgetown, Guyana
“Chicken Corn Chowder in a Bread Bowl!!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went with my mate to this place that he told me was great and it lived up to expectation. He had the cheese burger toastie (signature dish) and I ordered the chicken corn chowder in a bread bowl and we just loved it!!! And the milkshake was great too!!! Good ambience and a great meal. Bravo!

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Could be so much better”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Yet another Northern Quarter eatery that I want to love, but usually disappoints.

I've eaten here 5 or 6 times and I think it's finally time I look elsewhere.

Service is hit or miss. Sometimes the server is friendly and helpful, sometimes moody and cold. Sometimes your food arrives in record time, sometimes you wait 45 minutes.

Most of the menu is made up of the same three ingredients arranged in different ways. Their milkshakes are usually pretty good. The pulled pork pile-up is also a safe bet. Anything else I've ordered has always been a real let-down.

Once I ordered the Mexican-ish bean salad, that was mostly salad greens, and had an avocado on the side that was so unripe it actually looked like it was made of plastic. No one who knows anything about food would have ever put that on a plate, it was totally inedible. I asked the server if maybe they had a better avocado, they did not, and the beer was on the house. It was very gracious, but maybe they should consider striking it from the menu on days they have no avocados.

I also ordered the Mac'n'Cheese, which again, seemed like a great idea. Unfortunately something about the mix of cheeses with bacon meant the sauce completely separated and within 60 seconds I was left with bare pasta sitting in a pool of grease with a few remaining clumps of cheese. If you know how to make a roux, this shouldn't happen.

I also was excited to see ice cream floats on the menu, and ordered a root beer float. What I got was a glass full of ice with some root beer, capped off with ice cream. So, basically I drank all the root beer and was left with ice cream that slowly melted with the water. Creamy, cold water. Yuck. No need for ice when you've got frosty ice cream!

Visited May 2013
Manchester
“Great place to eat, drink and chat!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Last night, we came to this place for something to eat quickly before the movie. The place was full and we were offered to sit at the table at the back yard.

The back yard is quirky. The weather wasn't that warm as previous weeks but it was rather nice to sit outside under the heated lights.

We ordered the Pull Pork Pile UP and it was fabulous.

It was like love in first sight, We will definitely come back to this place again for eat, drink and chat.

• Visited June 2013