“best Indian restaurant we know”
Review of Moon Restaurant

Ranked #877 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I first visited Moon many years ago, before children and loved it. After a long time, we managed to go tonight, and it was the best Indian meal we've had in a very long time. Long ago gave up on the Curry Mile, where the restaurants are in competition over price rather than quality, and we've suffered quite a few disappointments.
The poppadums were crisp at Moon, and the condiments with them fresh and delicious. Neither of us like hot spice, and my mughlai was sumptuous and sweet with exceptionally scumptious peshwari nan.
My partner had a gorgeous dish too, and the onion bhaji were light and crisp and not at all like the great balls of grease you often find.
Between the two of us, the bill came to £20! about half what it would have been at one of the swanky joints where the cooking simply isn't as good.
Withington isn't a glamorous place, but this is a real gem of a place. Terrific (and very friendly staff too).

2  Thank neil r

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have eaten at Moon many times over the years with large groups of friends or just with my partner. It has never disappointed. We never bother to go to the curry mile with this gem a 15 minute walk from our flat! As an example, last night it was under £30 for a meal for two, including poppadums with dips, a mix starter to share, main meal plus naan and rice, as well as lager and wine! The mixed grill is definitely recommended. The staff are always friendly and hospitable. Really like this place!

1  Thank Alyson D
Reviewed May 4, 2012

This is my favourite Indian restaurant by far. Great food, great value and friendly staff! The Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi is amazing!

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Forever disappointed with the curry mile and the 'upmarket' joints like Akbars and East Z East, I first went to Moon after reading an old Guardian article naming it as one of the UK's finest Indians. And I was not disappointed. Fantastic food, and so, so cheap.

The only downside is they won't deliver the city centre so I have to be bothered to drive six miles out to Withington for a curry!

Reviewed November 7, 2011

withington village cheaper than the curry mile and better only a mile away