“Slightly disappointed after previous experience here.”
Review of Australasia

Australasia
Ranked #41 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Asian, European, Australian, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern Australian cuisine combines Pacific Rim flavours underpinned by European cooking tradition, a blend of Indonesian, Southeast Asian influences and Australia's strong ties with Japan also help determine the taste and style.
“Slightly disappointed after previous experience here.”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

It's stylish, has menu different to anywhere else in Manchester and is a place to be seen. First time visiting here my partner and I were blown away. However, on recent visit we enjoyed it but slightly underwhelmed by main courses, especial taking account of price. Sushi was very good, arguably best in town.

• Visited April 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
“My fave restaurant in Manchester”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

The sushi is delicious, so fresh with interesting mixtures of flavours, the main dishes are equally tasty and varied. The staff are very friendly and helpful, no air of pretension that you get in some of the upmarket restaurants of Manchester. And the cocktail menu... I plan to work my way through it!

• Visited February 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Great Drinks, Great Atmosphere, High Level Of Service, Very Hidden Places And Manchester's Finest!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I've booked this restaurant and visited this restaurant as part of a our anniversary on 12th June 2013 and for my girlfriend and treat her specials meal for graduation too and specials two night in Manchester.

Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and the staff is always on hand when you need them, I had a nice three course meal here also my girlfriend had three course meal too.

Our table was fantastic and in the booth!

I had the trout for me and my girlfriend for our starter and main course and our deserts and again everything was cooked to perfection and the presentation was spot on. It's on to pricey side, but you get what you pay for and I had no qualms paying for that food. All was good especially the atmosphere, it's all so buzzing.

The wine list is excellent and for the gadget freaks amongst us, comes on an IPad. Given the cost of printing, I am surprised more places have not followed suit.

Although underground, the décor makes the place feel remarkably light and airy. The ambience is excellent, the staff friendly, knowledgeable and helpful and the service faultless.

The restaurant is clean, impressive and comforting - i'd like to go back in the evening another time to sample their cocktails and DJ after a meal. Next time!

Just want to say big thanks to the staff and the manager especially knowing the manager as a friend and being friendly well look after us. Thanks Matt and Kiran for everything

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank kbtang
Northampton, United Kingdom
“London style in Manchester”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I rely wasn't expecting much as the name doesn't suggest a top notch/cool bar but even from entering the restaurant I knew it would be a little different. The entrance reminded me of a mini Louvre, quite quirky and fun. The decor of the restaurant is great, with a lovely bar area. I also was lucky enough, by pure chance, to get a private booth. The service was great, they kept the champagne flowing, and the dishes are varied being able to choose between small dishes, or the traditional starter and main. The toilets were clean and modern, which is always, always important when determining a nice restaurant.

This really was a bit of London chic in Manchester.

Suitably impressed.

Visited June 2013
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I visited Australasia again while in Manchester, it was a beautiful meal great sushi , mains are limited for my taste as I'm not a steak person. But it didn't spoil it for me , the dishes are made to share and the staff made us aware of that , had a nice booth ,and everyone enjoyed the food , service good staff friendly .love the iPad for wines,good idea.

• Visited June 2013