“fantastc experience”

Ranked #41 of 2,398 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Asian, European, Australian, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern Australian cuisine combines Pacific Rim flavours underpinned by European cooking tradition, a blend of Indonesian, Southeast Asian influences and Australia's strong ties with Japan also help determine the taste and style.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

the place is fantastic. Great atmosphere, nice music. The food is a mix of japanese, indonesian and australian food: the menu is a bit complicate if you do not know asian food but the waiters are very good. Our waiter, Dave, was extremely helpful!
We got a selection of starters/sharing plate: yummy.! I loved the pork wonton. They have a great selection of wine (we loved the Rijoca).
Definetely a place to visit :)

Write a ReviewReviews (3,617)

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had a 6pm booking on Easter Sunday having failed on a number of previous occasions to get a table. I will get the complaint out of the way first - the music was too loud - turn it down a bit please - not only does it make conversation difficult amongst diners it is also annoying when trying to talk to the waiter.
That said this was the best new place we have visited in a long time - amongst the highlights for me were a rose & lychee cocktail and some oysters.
Great steak and desserts too although sadly we had to rush so didn't have time for one of their souffles which have a 20 minute wait time.
Ordering wine is interesting - it is chosen via an iPad - could be tricky if customers are not used to this technology.
The restaurant is all underground but is as far removed from dark and dingy as it is possible to get.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This restaurant has been elegantly designed, it's so warm and bright that you don't even notice there are no windows. The staff were all friendly and helpful with explaining some of the menu. We opted for the lunchtime menu but ordered a few extra dishes to try and we weren't disappointed. Every dish was unique in flavour and presentation. It's not often that you taste something that is so different. We shared a chocolate souffle which was the most amazing chocolate dessert, the souffle was soft and gooey in the middle, with additional chocolate sauce and the smoothest raspberry sorbet. If nothing else go and try the desserts. The restaurant is expensive but it's worth paying for the quality and experience of eating here.

1  Thank Panda7478
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went out for a evening with four friends to Australasia Iin Manchester spinning fields because we were told how good it was! Well may I say what a disappoint ! The bar tender was not that good & when we asked for a flavoured cider drink he looked at us as if we were from another planet!!
Onto the meal well I had the most expensive steak £60 & then you pay extra for the trimmings!!!
I must say the starter I had was really nice. My other guest were not impressed with the place or food. Out waitress was very nice & helpful & good at her job. Even though we are all owners of our own company's we found that paying almost £500 for average food & an average place at London prices is not great!! One tip I would give is take a torch with you to read the menu as the lights are That dim. I must prefer Bar & Grill & Alberts in didsbury Anyday.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have been to Australasia at least 6 or 7 times, which is significant considering I don't live any where near Manchester. In fact, I often plan conferences and trips around dinner here. The food is fantastic and the service is extremely good for UK standards. The whole thing is a bit of a scene and there are moments where everything is a bit too cool for the average person, but the food makes it worth it. I always go for ordering the small plates so you can try a number of different things. Start every meal here with one of their cocktails...seriously. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu. No matter what happens, save room for dessert. I never manage to save room, but always cram it in anyway. This place is fantastic, but you MUST have reservations.