“Awesome cocktails” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Australasia

Australasia
Ranked #39 of 2,185 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, European, Asian, Australian, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Modern Australian cuisine combines Pacific Rim flavours underpinned by European cooking tradition, a blend of Indonesian, Southeast Asian influences and Australia's strong ties with Japan also help determine the taste and style.
York, United Kingdom
“Awesome cocktails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

This place is great for pre-dinner cocktails, would thoroughly recommend their Bloody Mary, one of the best! We visited here twice during our stay in Manchester and would definitely return. The food looked great too although we didn't get a chance to eat here. One of the best venues we visited in the city.

Visited December 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Blackpool
“Good atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have been here a couple of times and the food has been top quality,my friend said the steak she had which was a rump was the best she has had,so I can't imagine what their fillet is like.im sure I saw wagyu beef on the menu as well(although it was around £60-£70)I had black cod last time I went which was fantastic,it had a really nice texture like it had been cooked in a water bath,also my friend had mackerel off the grill menu which he said was really nice,the prices can be a bit pricey but not over the top considering the quality of the food.I think a rump steak was about £18 but then you have to order your sides,the black cod was around the same price.but there's also cheaper things off the grill menu,I think my friends mackerel was around £10 and he ordered a side of parsnip mash.all in all I think this is a top class place especially if you are out shopping and you want to treat yourself.to sum it up fantastic atmosphere and modern interior and a broad range of first class food!

• Visited November 2012
Durham
“Lovely place, pricey but different.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My friend booked us into this resturant as she had been before and had a fab time. We were taken to our table which was lovely and very comfortable having couches instead of chairs.
We had a couple of cocktails which were very nice but no great shakes( forgive the pun!) Unfortunately we had to have the Christmas menu, which was not great for someone who doesn't like raw fish , or is allergic to duck, but my friend was fine. The service was ok but not great, we waited ages for drinks once we had eventually caught the eye of our waiter, and a course was missed out completely which we had to ask for.
As we were on the first sitting, we were told a couple of times that we would need to vacate the table by a certain time, and we did at times feel "rushed" as it was obvious that they wanted us to go.(we were not taking an undue length of time with our meal about an hour and a halfish but it was Christmas I suppose) The meal was expensive for what it was, but having said that, if the normal menu had been available then it would have been reasonable for an upmarket meal.
The resturant was just lovely,though and very nice to visit.
I would probably try this place again with the normal menu and I think I would be more satisfied, as the food presentation was great, and in fairness you can't cater for everyone with a set menu.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Beautiful food, although a little pricey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I went on a saturday afternoon as dinner was fully booked and I wasn't disappointed. We had sashimi (raw fish), monkfish and a couple of side orders. The food was delicious, I've been to Japan a few times and this is the first time I haven't been disappointed at Japanese food outside Japan. We had a cocktail each and came to £70 which is more than I'd want to pay, but great for a special occasion

• Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Very cool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Although slightly 'style over substance' dining here was still an enjoyable experience.
Great atmosphere and ambience, the space has been designed thoughtfully and is very 'cool'. We were a big party but still felt private, it was really busy but didn't feel chaotic at all- the service was friendly and quick. Staff were happy to advise on any issues.
I didn't rate the food as anything special; my steak was underdone and extremely fatty, not what you expect for the price. However others in my party were more than pleased with their meals, especially the pork belly. We ordered a range of desserts which were all delicious!
In short, I would go back, but avoid the steak!

• Visited January 2013