“2 wonderful lunches”

Ranked #43 of 2,356 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Asian, European, Australian, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern Australian cuisine combines Pacific Rim flavours underpinned by European cooking tradition, a blend of Indonesian, Southeast Asian influences and Australia's strong ties with Japan also help determine the taste and style.
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have visited the restaurant on the last two Fridays'!!
The waiters are full of advice, (we met two comedians on each visit , Sean the Austrailan ambassador and Tom (Psuedo Austrailian in waiting) both these guys guided through the menu with confidence . The menu was amazing the food was unbelievabe. The food preparation area was run like a military operation, I have never had seafood anywhere that has not had any bones!! Amazing.
We are back again in two weeks, (two weeks is the best notice to give)

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Yes it's a little pretentious, (but I love pretentious) yes it's rather expensive but nevertheless a great time was had at this unusual restaurant. The cocktails were excellent and the food also. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed it

1  Thank Opposition
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We really enjoyed the entire evening; the restaurant & bar were equally impressive.

Upon arrival we enjoyed a couple of drinks at the bar and were then taken to our table. We chose the suggested number of dishes from the tapas menu but didn’t really feel that was enough food so later ordered a couple more dishes. My partner is a vegetarian and there wasn’t a lot of choice for him but I enjoyed a variety of dishes, the scallops are very tasty.

Overall we had a great night; we are glad we went but would order from the al a carte menu next time to avoid having to stop at a take away on the way home!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We went to Australasia on our anniversary and the whole experience was ok but it was not somewhere I would return. The food was... well...ok. It was good but it just did not inspire. The sushi was sushi you could have got anywhere else infact I could not tell you what I ate for dinner it was that unmemorable. The wine was great, but then it should have been at £30 a bottle. Not that I wouldn't pay that in a decent restaurant normally its just that I remember the wine but don't the food and for the money spent it should be better than that.

Australasia is all about being seen there but thats not enough for me to want to go back.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We visited last night -6 - people and I've got to say very disappointed. The booths are made for 4 people rather than 6 - so very cramped and tight

The food was ok but not to the standard we were expecting - cannot compete with Restaurant Bar and Grill