“Great experience”

Ranked #42 of 2,361 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Asian, European, Australian, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern Australian cuisine combines Pacific Rim flavours underpinned by European cooking tradition, a blend of Indonesian, Southeast Asian influences and Australia's strong ties with Japan also help determine the taste and style.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Yes it's a little pretentious, (but I love pretentious) yes it's rather expensive but nevertheless a great time was had at this unusual restaurant. The cocktails were excellent and the food also. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed it

1  Thank Opposition

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We really enjoyed the entire evening; the restaurant & bar were equally impressive.

Upon arrival we enjoyed a couple of drinks at the bar and were then taken to our table. We chose the suggested number of dishes from the tapas menu but didn’t really feel that was enough food so later ordered a couple more dishes. My partner is a vegetarian and there wasn’t a lot of choice for him but I enjoyed a variety of dishes, the scallops are very tasty.

Overall we had a great night; we are glad we went but would order from the al a carte menu next time to avoid having to stop at a take away on the way home!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We went to Australasia on our anniversary and the whole experience was ok but it was not somewhere I would return. The food was... well...ok. It was good but it just did not inspire. The sushi was sushi you could have got anywhere else infact I could not tell you what I ate for dinner it was that unmemorable. The wine was great, but then it should have been at £30 a bottle. Not that I wouldn't pay that in a decent restaurant normally its just that I remember the wine but don't the food and for the money spent it should be better than that.

Australasia is all about being seen there but thats not enough for me to want to go back.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We visited last night -6 - people and I've got to say very disappointed. The booths are made for 4 people rather than 6 - so very cramped and tight

The food was ok but not to the standard we were expecting - cannot compete with Restaurant Bar and Grill

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We ate at Australasia as a group of 4 and I must say I loved the fusion food here, though it is touching more on the expensive side.

Never the less the food was fresh, delicious and beautifully presented. You know the feeling you get when you taste something amazing and you close your eyes. Well you may get that feeling here for sure !

I had the soft shell crab and courgette flowers to start and the Sliced beef fillet with sweet soy & chilli for the main which was sensational.

There is also a trendy bar attached to it which was really busy with people drinking cocktails etc. Its probably worth just coming in for just a drink.

The wine menu was extensive so you wont struggle to find something you like

Even though the decor is very white trendy & chic , I did find the place leaning a little on the pretentious side.

The waiter service was not to scratch if I am being honest. You felt that the waiters were rushed off the their feet and not attentive enough which is what you would expect from this type of establishment.
Some staff were better than others. A couple of them left their personalities on the bus I imagine ! I think some improvement is needed with this but I am sure it will improve with time and more confident staff

All in all as the food was so good, a thumbs up to this one if you want that extra special meal and are prepared to get your wallets out !

2  Thank Milsymoo