“Probably the best restaurant in Manchester”
Review of Australasia

Australasia
Ranked #43 of 2,400 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Asian, European, Australian, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern Australian cuisine combines Pacific Rim flavours underpinned by European cooking tradition, a blend of Indonesian, Southeast Asian influences and Australia's strong ties with Japan also help determine the taste and style.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I came here for lunch with a group of friends one Saturday afternoon. The flavours of the food were truly amazing. I was initially worried that the restaurant might be a bit pretentious but I couldn’t have been further from the truth, the staff were friendly & helpful. We opted for the tapas and selected a wide variety of dishes, each time we experienced different and unbelievable flavours, difficult to describe until you actually experience. All I can say is that this restaurant must have some of best chefs in the country!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,629)

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Visited Australasia last night after a recommendation. All I can say is WOW. After a little help from our waiter we decided to go down the small plates route and am I glad we did. My wife and I don't care for sushi or sashimi so we gave them a miss. Opting instead for 2 tempura dishes followed by scallops, beef, bok choi and some of the best chips ever. For desert we shared the best chocolate soufflé with a perfect raspberry sorbet. The wine was very good as was the infused water. The atmosphere was great and as we were seated near the kitchen we had fun watching a fantastic team at work. We have eaten at some very good restaurants and this is certainly up there with the best.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

From the moment youputyourfoot through the door, you are catapaulted into delight after delight....pur sensory overload! The food, the atmosphere, the drinks, the staff....not a single complaint, not even if I try to think of something....maybe they could be open later??
My friend and I were the last to leave if that gives you any idea! We tried almost everything on the menu and went back for seconds on some of the starters they were so good....ordered the scallops 3 times actually. Do yourself a favour and treat yourself, I can't wait to go back to Manchester.....

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We visited Australasia as a birthday treat and were not disappointed. The food was extremely well presented and very flavoursome. But most of all we enjoyed the restaurants ambience. It is beautifully set out and decorated. There was a lovely relaxed atmosphere that so often is lacking in establishments at this price point that can often be very subdued. The service was friendly and informative without being over powering. It would be deserving of 5 stars if it weren't for the wine list; that whilst extensive and good has an unbelievable mark up on price.

Thank alison.mather
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Used my 20% off members discount and had a mixture of the smaller meals from the menu. Excellent service and alternatives offered in mixed dishes if there was something you didn't like. Went earlier than our booked table and we were seated straight away and able to order