“Outstandingly bad - avoid at all costs”
Review of Italian Express

Italian Express
Ranked #1,268 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Let us introduce ourselves... Italian Express is a pizza and pasta takeaway first established in 2006. We have taken fast food delivery to the next level as we believe everyone should have the pleasure of eating restaurant quality food in the comfort of their own home. Want to feed your family a healthy dinner but don't want all the mess just time to relax and enjoy their company? Then why not order our delicious Italian pasta dishes without having to lift a finger in the kitchen. Not only can you order pasta and pizza we have a wide selection of starters, healthy salads, side dishes and our homemade desserts or if you're having a movie night and fancy a pizza delivery then look no further, we have it all covered we will even deliver it for free. Browse our menu and order online. To qualify for free pizza delivery the minimum spend is £11.00 This also applies to our online pizza delivery. What makes Italian Express different to other fast food outlets is we simply use only fresh ingredients our food is prepared and cooked on the premises in our open kitchen. If your weekly takeaway is your guilty pleasure, let us replace the guilt with only pleasure.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Outstandingly bad - avoid at all costs”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have ordered takeaway food from this place twice recently, each time the delivery guy was surly, rude, uncooperative and just downright unpleasant to deal with. The first time I put it down to him being in a bad mood, tipped him anyway, and shrugged it off. The second time I decided to write a short, polite email to the company to tell them that their guy might benefit from some customer training.

Their response was to send the same surly guy back to my flat to berate me for making a complaint in the first place. I wasn't in, so he then started ringing my home number from his mobile (I saw the missed calls when I got back in later that evening). This seems a weird way to respond to a complaint so I waited a few days, and when there was no email response from their office to my complaint, I rang them and got told "We have no head office, I cannot tell you the managers name, please get off the phone" and the guy put the phone down whilst I was mid-sentence.

If you want soggy pasta of the same grade as a supermarket 'Basics' range ready-meal, delivered by a grunting, rude, unpleasant delivery guy then this place will be right up your street. If you want decent food (not gloopy slop like this) served with a modicum of customer service then you will have to look elsewhere.

But whatever you do, don't make a complaint or the guy you complaint to/about will come to your door to take issue with you. And he won't be happy !

• Visited September 2013
Italian E, Manager at Italian Express, responded to this review, January 16, 2015
Thanks for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your poor experience with us. Please understand that sending the same driver round was not done intentionally, simply the first driver back takes the next delivery in line. However, the driver's attitude is not acceptable neither is the customer service received and we very sorry to have lost your custom.

london
“Boring soggy pizza”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very unispired, basic pizza. Crust was floppy and there didn't seem to be any seasoning or flavour other than bland cheese. Only good thing was that it arrived quite quickly.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank jlancaster
Thanks for your feedback. It was disappointing to read as we use quality ingredients with freshly made dough and our tomato base sauce is home made. We have taken your comments on board and appreciate hearing ways in which we can improve.
Leeds
“Decent enough pizza, but unforgivably bad service”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I’d used Italian Express once before and had a good experience, so they were first on my list for what should have been a nice night in with friends. We ordered two pizzas and, an hour later, they arrived – although one of the pizzas was clearly not what we'd ordered. Their response was to be rude and deny that they’d made any mistake at all. They bregrudingly sent a delivery guy with another pizza – alhough I didn’t ask them to. Then they proceeded to continually ring my phone and buzz our front door because we’d made the mistake of eating some of the wrong pizza they’d originally sent – not that we’d been told not to (and I don’t even want to think about what they wanted to do with it). All in all, Italian Express did a really good job of ruining our meal as well as our evening. Will be taking our business elsewhere in future!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank LeonardMarkham
Thanks for your feedback. Sorry to hear about this! The reason for taking the pizza back is simply for inspection to highlight where we had gone wrong for quality and training purposes. Sorry to have lost your custom.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best Takeaway Pizza in Manchester”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have been past the restaurant a couple of times and it is good to see that the kitchen is transparent, I have never eaten in. They clearly have good hygiene standards though. I order from Italian Express on the rare occasions I fancy a take out. The pizza's are excellent, particularly the Marinara. The pasta dishes are also very good. They have some great offers online. Probably the best take away pizza in Manchester, much better than the stodgy, ridiculously overpriced pizza Domino's offer. If you fancy a take out pizza, probably the best in Manchester.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank MarkWJB
Thanks for the feedback. Your kind words mean a lot to us and we value your custom. We hope to see you again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best quality pizza takeaway in the area”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Cracking Asparagus and Goats cheese pizza this afternoon, and at £6 (collection) for a 12'' pizza good value as well!

• Visited June 2012
Thanks for your kind words, the Asparagi is one of our favourites too. We hope to see you again soon.