“Do NOT book this hotel”

Ranked #89 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Do NOT book this hotel”
Reviewed April 18, 2010

I'm not going to waste too much time on this review as this hotel was rubbish!! The only fantastic thing about this hotel is it's location. We were right in the centre of Manchester, next to Selfridges, Harvey Nichols & The Print Works. Even tho the rooms were clean they were very very shabby!! We returned to the hotel later in the afternoon to get showered for our night out in Manchester to where some of our rooms had no electricity & no hot water. Even tho the staff were very helpful & sorted the problems out fairly quickly I ended up drying my hair in the corridor as the room I was staying in did have hot water & electricity but our plug sockets did not work!!!! Our room was very cold as the main window in the room did not shut properly!! Breakfast was terrible, it was an all you can eat buffet, but the bacon was drippin in grease, beans were cold, scrambled eggs were horrible. The only thing I convinced myself to eat was toast! All I can say is 'pay that little bit extra as this hotel spoilt my weekend' !!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lancashire
Reviewed April 14, 2010

We stayed here for one night and had read the reviews so had mixed feelings. The hotel is in a great location: you are one minute away from Printworks cinema and restaurants. It was quiet the night we stayed but this was midweek. The hotel is surrouded by pubs and bars which could get rowdy at the weekend. Our family room turned out to be two connecting rooms (no door) which is great when travelling with two teenagers. The staff were very friendly. However, the hotel itself does seem to be on a par with independent youth hostels - a bit run down and a bit wonky! The rooms were a bit grotty but the bedding was indisputedly clean. In fairness the hotel is in the middle of refurbishment. The breakfast was of a good standard (same as you would expect in other budget hotel chains). We got this room on a deal but if I had to pay more than £20 per person for bed and breakfast I would probably feel ripped off.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Blackpool
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Hotel was in course of refurbishment by new owner when we stayed with a group of 18 professionals on a stag weekend. Reception staff very helpful and friendly. Rooms clean and adequate. Location superb. Worried about two pubs alongside, but they were well supervised, and closed at normal pub closing time so no early hours noise. 50 yards from Deansgate, with great shopping, Kendal Milnes etc. and awash with good pubs and restaurants. Try Bem Brasil opposite Kendals - great eat all you can -stop when you want with best cuts of beef, pork, lamb, chicken, sausage. Don't eat before you go there!!

• Stayed March 2010
Hull
Reviewed April 5, 2010

The only good things about this hotel is the location and the staff.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Manchester hotels

lancashire
Reviewed January 2, 2010

me and my sister in law booked 4 rooms in this hotel for new years eve, mainly for the location. we was put off by the reviews ,but there was no other hotels available, when we arrived we was suprised to see the hotel was nothing like expected it was clean, the staff where very helpul and polite. and the location couldnt be beat. for what we paid is was great and i would stay here again

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
York
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Arrived at hotel to find that it had closed down two weeks previously! I had no warning from Hotels.com (who I booked it through) or the hotel itself so had to find alternative accommodation. Terrible!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Norwich
Reviewed July 2, 2009

This hotel surprised me after reading such bad reviews! My Single room was very clean, modern, had en-siute b/room. All staff inc. the Manger coulndn't do enough for me throughout my stay! My room no 19 looked onto the bars next door, Selfridges and the Manchester Wheel. Noisy at night but thats summer for you! 5 Star Service!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo