“60 birthday celebration”

Ranked #89 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“60 birthday celebration”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

i have just been to the mitre to celebrate my 60 birthday i had a fab time nothing is too much trouble for mark made my birthday one to remember hotel is in an ideal location for shopping bars we will be coming back nothing is too much trouble for all the staff

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mirfield
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed with the Mitre hotel for my 18th birthday on the 18th of January 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. There was 10 of us in total and we all agreed it was in the pefect location (literally a 5 minute walk from Manchester Victoria rail station) and all the staff were so helpful and friendly; making booking and staying with them so easy. It was a £5 taxi ride from Deansgate Locks and a 10 minute walk from other nightclubs (which made our night out so much easier) All the rooms were very clean and neatly presented and we all slept brilliantly in the beds (very comfy!) I also kept in touch with the hotel coming up to my stay via twitter which i thought was a lovely touch, made me feel a valued guest! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone looking for a great value, brilliantly situated hotel. (we've even booking for a 2nd night out!) I couldnt thank them enough for making my 18th birthday extra special, brilliant hotel!!!!

Rochdale
Reviewed January 22, 2013

A pity this hotel seems to suffer from loutish customers as on the whole this is a very reasonable city centre budget hotel. Yes the floors creak a bit, this is an old building what do you expect. The big issue we had was the closing of the internal hotel bar at 5am. Half of Manchester seemed to pour out slamming doors, shouting and insistant on talking through what was left of the night. There was no interjection by staff, perhaps nobody complained, but it did take the gloss of what is a clean if quirky hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The place itself is ok and a great location but is severly lacking in customer service. I got to my room and found half used toiletries including a soap with a hair on it. AS there is no phone to reception I had to trapse over to reception and ask them to follow me back to replace them. After that I realised I had no remote control for the tele so had to trapsed back to reception to ask for it. All staff were polite but unfriendly and unhelpful. I asked reception how to get somewhere and was told to look outside for local maps and bus timetables whilst she sat on the internet. Would not recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
North East
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Dont be fooled by the title of the review - this is not pub noise or music but the noise of the creaking floors, doors and stairs, other peoples toilets and pipes.
The rooms are VERY basic and the beds are unbelieveably uncomfortable - I will sleep on anything but still struggled on this.
The location is excellent and is 2 minutes from the shops and Arena. The downstairs pub is popular and the food is good - breakfast in the Hotel however was very average.
Its ideal for one night if you are going to a gig but for a longer stay look elsewhere

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
York,England
Reviewed January 8, 2013

You sometimes think a cheap deal is going to be a compromise but my son lives just a few hundred metres from this quirky little pub/hotel in a tiny flat with no room for me to stay. So we googled and "tripped" to find the nearest/cheapest to him and came up with the Mitre. What a treat. I paid not a lot and got an immaculately clean and totally suitable room high up in the eaves right smack in the middle of Manc!!!. No problems whatsoever...great value and just what it promised. OK you have to pay a bit for breakfast and even a deposit if you want a TV remote but that's all optional. I was more than happy with a clean bed, a nice private en suite and friendly staff for £30 in city centre. Would stay again no probs. Thanks Mitre folk. It can be a bit noisy 'cos it's city centre but earplugs work a treat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I recently visited Manchester with a friend, and having visited the Mitre's hotel bar on occasion (worth it just for the decor alone) we decided to book a room here to save us the farce of getting the last train home. The room was very tidy and neatly furnished, and the shared bathroom facilities were clean and we never had to wait or queue for them. The staff were all very friendly, helpful and polite, even though the left luggage system comprised of just leaving our bags in the reception area where anybody could have come along and taken them.
The breakfast in the morning was in the fancy setting of the Cathedral Suite which was lovely, but it wasn't the best full English I've ever had, although I think I was just disappointed there were no hash browns.
Nevertheless, with just a few small improvements I think this could be an excellent hotel, and we will most definitely be staying here again!

1 Thank Holly B