1,997 results
All reviews garden bar manchester conference centre compact room canal street conference facilities ironing board gay village palace theatre piccadilly station full english short stay reception staff few minutes walk breakfast was excellent would stay again stayed for one night tea and coffee
Selected filters
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Have been staying here for over 3 years and every time it's a nightmare checking in. Avoid at all costs. Brusque staff and unfriendly
Would stay anywhere but here but unfortunately the company chose.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Simon M, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Dear Barry,

I'm so sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your check in with us and that would be a reason for you not returning in the future.

I'd really welcome any further information by email simonm@pendulumhotel.co.uk

We really do value your business and I would love more information to help us make changes where possible to improve our check in process.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

As others have remarked this is a clean and comfortable compact room (ie small) but value for money by comparison with other competitors in Manchester.
Arriving early in the afternoon in need of a nap i was checked into room 322. I had asked for a quiet room but after 15 minutes was aware that on the other side of the bedroom wall was the lift shaft. Heavy sleepers might not be bothered but it was a problem for me.
On going to reception Anwar immediately organised a switch with efficiency and courtesy and I was in the new room in a matter of minutes. Housekeeping arrived very shortly afterwards with the charger i had left behind in the old room. Excellent service!

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear 'davagib',

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a 5 star review of The Pendulum Hotel.

I'm so pleased to see that our team, in particular Anwar, went above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. We really hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

Had a compact double room for the night. It certainly was compact! Mostly clean just dust on tops of cupboards, tv, high places. Towels nice and fluffy, bed comfy no excess noise throughout the night, prices for food very reasonable, had breakfast, it was very tasty well cooked, toast maker machine was broken, but toast was made in the kitchen for us. Only let down was tea and coffee served at the table and we had to ask for a refill, urns would be a better idea as it's self service for breakfast and there was no headboard on the bed, even travelodge and premier inns have them. Would stay again

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Andrew,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review.

It seems that overall you enjoyed your stay with us although I'm sorry to read from your review that we could have improved on a few areas. I will take time to share this feedback with my team to make improvements for your next visit.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

The hotel, staff and rooms were all really acceptable, friendly and comfortable. There is a coffee bar available 24/7 at reception and the food offerings are both tasty and affordable. The rooms are smaller than some budget & certainly mid-range offerings however they have modern bathrooms, comfortable beds and good in-room facilities

Room tip: Ask for a front room as the rear rooms are noisier
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank markR4207DT
Simon M, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Dear 'MarkR420DT',

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of The Pendulum hotel. I'm so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and found your room comfortable and our team helpful and friendly.

We really hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

I booked this hotel due to it's proximity to the Gay Village and the fact that it was on the cheaper scale compared to some of the other hotels I looked at. I visited for 3 nights over the Pride weekend and had a pleasant stay.

My room was compact, but comfortable. It had all the amenities you could want and was lovely and clean.

I added on breakfast for a special lower price and the was pleased to learn that breakfast times had been extended till 12pm during the Pride weekend. This meant that I could have a lay in and not miss out on breakfast. The breakfast itself was really tasty, with high quality ingredients, boiling hot food options and loads of choice.

I think I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I visited Manchester again, which I'm sure I will do.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear David,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of The Pendulum hotel. I'm so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us over the Manchester Pride weekend.

Its great to see that you will look to return again in the future and remember to book direct to get the best rates.