1,997 results
All reviews garden bar manchester conference centre compact room canal street conference facilities ironing board gay village palace theatre piccadilly station full english short stay reception staff few minutes walk breakfast was excellent would stay again stayed for one night tea and coffee
Selected filters
Reviewed July 19, 2018

Stayed here for one night. The reception staff very friendly, hotel clean and modern. Room was spacious with a fantastic large comfortable bed. Shower head a little odd as didn't adjust so blasted water to the back wall that flooded the bathroom. Would stay here again if I got the same great rate.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Shelly T
Simon M, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Dear Shelly,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your fantastic review of The Pendulum Hotel. I'm so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and will look to return in the future.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

Recently stayed at The Pendulum as we wanted a central hotel close to the train station. We were only staying the one night but still wanted a reasonably decent hotel and the Pendulum delivered just what we wanted. The rooms were very well presented with tea and coffee facilities and a decent shower. The bed was really comfortable and both my wife and i slept well. The breakfast the following morning was super and the excellent staff in the restaurant very attentive. There is a full range of hot and cold foods all very tasty. I would have given the hotel had it not been for a couple of little draw backs that didnt really affect us too greatly but would if we were to stay any longer. The rooms are a little on the small side and due to the weather and the lack of air conditioning slightly stuffy but as I mentioned, for one night, not too much of a problem. The room rate including a full cooked breakfast was, I my opinion, very good value for money

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Simon M, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Dear 'Vids123',

Thank you so much for your great review of The Pendulum Hotel, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Its great to see that our team looked after you well and that you found your room to be comfortable and clean and enjoyed your breakfast the following morning.

We really hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

The prices, food, staff, location, conference facilities, beds and amenities were all faultless and I had a really lovely 2 night stay here. There were only 2 minor points that could be room for improvement. One was that the room was INCREDIBLY hot and there is no air conditioning (which most hotels do offer nowadays so I was surprised that there was none here). Secondly, there is no shower door so the bathroom gets drenched whether you want it to or not...really not ideal! Nonetheless, I had a great stay and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel as well as stay here again if I am back in the area.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Naomi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. I'm thrilled that you found our food, staff, conference facilities, beds and amenities faultless! What more could we ask for!!

Thank you for your feedback in relation to air conditioning and the shower door in your room. Unfortunately the designers of the hotel opted not to install air conditioning which only really causes slight discomfort a few days each year. I'm pleased to see it didn't effect your overall stay with us. We are also in the process of upgrading our bathrooms and hopefully on your next visit to The Pendulum you'll notice a positive improvement.

Reviewed July 13, 2018

I had a great reception from Rodrigo upon arrival. During my stay, all the staff was very helpful, specially Rodrigo with directions, print of boarding passes, etc..
The room wasn't big, but it had what I need - a modern and clean bathroom, a small desk and a comfortable bed.
The rooms where also quite, except for the quite loud bang of the doors whenever a guest got to a nearby room.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear 'g0ncal0meireles',

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent experiences with us. I'm so pleased that Rodrigo made such a positive impact on your stay. I'll be sure to share your kind review with him and pass on my thanks.

We really hope to welcome you back to The Pendulum in the near future.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend and had left a brand new skirt in my room. I rang up to ask if the housekeeping have handed it into reception, to be told nothing has been . Which is totally untrue. Obviously housekeeper has kept it! Or binned it!

Date of stay: July 2018
Simon M, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear 'teagen123',

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I'm so sorry to hear about your lost skirt. I would like to investigate this further with my team at the hotel and hope that you could contact me directly with more information, simonm@pendulumhotel.co.uk