“Mrs wealthall”

Ranked #50 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Mrs wealthall”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Good use of room space, had everything needed. Had iron & ironing board,coffee/tea facilities,hairdryer etc. Nice friendly efficient staff. Close to China Town.Would recommend Try Thai for food it was delicious! Would stay there again. Also very close to Piccadilly station.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear janewealthall

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your kind comments. I was pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly, efficient and the Hotel location convenient to the Town Centre and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too future and thank you again for your comments.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Polish first
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Wanted a hotel that was central for shopping, restaurants, and bars, so it was an ideal location. Bar staff in Conservatory were very friendly, we also had dinner there which was excellent. Double room was very comfy and clean, did feel it could have had an extra light, maybe a lamp as we didn't always want the ceiling light on. Breakfast was also very good,only complaint Cold Plates which is a pet hate.

Room Tip: Book a classic room instead of a city room as these are smaller
Dear roryboy2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your kind comments. I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.

It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your kind comments on to them. I have noted your comments regarding the cold plates in the breakfast and have passed this on to our Operation Manager for further investigation. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future and once again thank you for your comments.

Kind regards

Jay Ghannem
Front Of House Manager
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I recently booked to stay at the days hotel Manchester.
Called a couple of weeks before to confirm booking as no email was sent, called booking.com twice & no track of my booking.
Called direct to the hotel & still no trace. Assumed wasted booked, today the 8th & the money for the stay has been taken out of my account even though they know I did not stop at the hotel & was told previous no booking had been made.
Apparently spoken to the manager at days hotel & he not once gave me his name, while always talking over the top of me while trying to explain. Terrible customer service & no help what so ever!
Stay clear of this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Melissa W
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Great value! We stayed just one night. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff were exceptionally helpful and very friendly. Excellent breakfast included in the price. Couldn't fault anything. Great central location also.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Margaret H

thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. We strive to give the best customer service possible, and we are more than happy to pass on these comments to our staff.

Once again we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you in the near future

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed here Thursday 01 May 2014, this was given as a gift as my husband and I were going to a venue at the Apollo. Very good stay. We were proffesionally greeted by front desk, assured we had enough time for dinner in the restaurant before the show, offered drinks vouchers and a taxi to the Apollo was booked for us by this gentleman - superb! Service at dinner and breakfast was excellent - well done to those staff, you are often forgotten. Food was good and there was still plenty of choice at breakfast when we arrived at 9.15am. Have to agree with other reviews about the size of the rooms and the 'banging' doors - small alteration to the 'self closers' might somewhat help? Rooms are ok for one or two nights, our bed was up against the wall a bad move for night time toilet trips - we simply pulled it away from the wall whilst sleeping and pushed it back in the morning - sorted! Rooms had everything you would need, compact bathroom, kettle for tea and coffee, towels ,hairdryer, shower gel and hand soaps, plenty of info on Manchester, TV and extra pillows. Drinks in the bar are expensive £10.50 for a large glass of wine and a pint of lager!!! A bit steep!!! But husband say city centre prices. Parking is literally across the road at Charles Street multi story and is £10.00 for 24hours. Would definitely use this hotel again!

Room Tip: We had room 401 which overlooked the courtyard conservatory which was very quiet until 7.30am when p...
Dear Mr and Mrs Hayton

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our hotel, and thank you for such positive feedback about our staff members. These comments will be passed on

In terms of the banging doors you experienced I do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. This has been bought up with our Housekeeping manager and will be looked in to.

Once again we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the near future

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for a night. Everyone was really nice. The room is great. Its 5/10min from the center (picadilly). I recomend it.
Manchester is a great city and this hotel has a great location to visit it

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Cédric M

Thank you so much for leaving such a great review. We so are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and pride ourselves on giving the best customer service possible

We hope to see you in the near future, and if you didn't dine in our restaurant or Conservatory bar the last time, why not try it next time you visit

Derbyshire
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The hotel was in a great location, really close to Piccadilly station and Oxford road station. The receptionist's were really nice and very friendly and the room was comfortable and very clean.
I have no complaints apart from the room being intensely hot, too hot.
I had a very uncomfortable nights sleep and was ill in the morning and nearly fainted at breakfast.
I was unsure if to mention it when I checked out but I did and the receptionist said everyone complains about it and there is a switch under the desk which cools the room down. I wished they'd have told me / everyone else when we check in as it would have saved me being ill till the next day.
But now I know I would book into the hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Melissa B

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback about our Hotel, and giving such positive comments about our staff. It is always great to read these kind of compliments as the staff work hard to make our guests stay as enjoyable as possible

However I am concerned reception mislead you slightly with the wrong information about the heating in the room. Unfortunately don't have air conditioning, but there is a portable fan in the room. We also have 24 hour reception and are more than happy to bring you an extra fans to cool you down even more.

When you have time, if you could contact me personally, I would like to discuss this in more depth with you

Best wishes and hope to hear from you soon