The Pendulum Hotel
REM Hotel(Manchester)
  • Free Internet
  • Room Service
1,798 results
All reviewsgarden barmanchester conference centrecompact roomcanal streetconference facilitiesironing boardpalace theatregay villagepiccadilly stationshort stayfull englishfew minutes walkreception staffbreakfast was excellentwould stay againbudget hotelone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2013

For a city centre hotel this was a pleasant stay. Just for the one night we needed a good base to visit the German markets with relatives. Our room on the 3rd floor was very small but adequate for our needs for one night. There was no bath but a very large powerful shower.Everything was clean and all staff very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the bigger rooms if staying more than one night.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RossyRamblers
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments regarding your stay with us at the Days hotel Manchester City centre.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Best Wishes

Front Of House Manager

Reviewed December 8, 2013

After a nightmare journey from london I found the hotel within easy walking distance of the station or via a short taxi ride. Checked in no problem via reception and was in my room in no time. At check in the duty manager explained a special menu they were offering along with a free drink offer. I went up to room, showered and changed and then for the next couple of hours has a fawlty tours moment. I went down to the bar to find it had a nice buzz but the bar man disappeared after serving 6 other guests, I then went up to the restaurant to find about 14 other people dining. The guy on duty basically turned me away until I got the duty manager who got me served but it took 2 hours for 2 courses. However the food was excellent! Breakfast the next a.m was also great. I would def go back again as great value and near bars and other places etc!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank richbowenuk

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide us with an online review following your recent stay with us here at the Days Hotel in Manchester.

Its great to hear that you found the staff were polite and welcoming and that you found your room to be perfect. Our location is ideal for the city's excellent shops, bars, museums and etc..
We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best Regards

Front of House Manager

Reviewed December 8, 2013

The rooms are small here but well equipped and modern. Bed is a small double against the wall. Rooms are warm even with heating off you won't be cold. Breakfast was good with a adequate selection. There is a multi story car park over the road and it's only £2 a day at the weekends. Good location and handy for gay area and China town. A tip for the hotel if they ready these hints. Swap the spot lights above the beds to LED as the are too bright and too hot. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gary488
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Days Hotel Manchester Centre city

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we can assure you that all team members have been given visibility of your comments.

We really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Best wishes

Front Of House Manager

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I really loved my one night stay at Days Hotel Manchester. When I arrived at the end of November there was a lovely welcoming atmosphere and Christmas music was playing. The staff are very friendly and helpful, both those behind the check-in desk and the guy working the coffee counter, who made a drink for me on request that wasn't on the menu.
The room was great, and spotlessly clean, although the heating wasn't working the room was warm enough. I mentioned the heating to the staff on check-out and they were very apologetic. The bed was lovely, I got a great nights sleep. There was tea, coffee, biscuits and chocolate provided, an ironing board and iron, fan, hair dryer and of course a tv with sufficient channels.
I arrived too late for me to consider eating dinner there, but taking a look at the menu there was a lot on offer, and at least 4 vegetarian options, which for me is important. The breakfast the next morning was delicious, and the restaurant is very nice.
I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank laura k
DaysMCC, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Guest

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we can assure you that all team members have been given visibility of your kind words.

Our team work hard to deliver high standards of hospitality at all time and we are pleased that on this occasion there was no exception.

Best wishes

Reviewed December 5, 2013

The worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune to stay at. The evening menu when booked in advance doesn't change, daily soup should be entitled "monthly soup". Restaurant was cold, lifeless and staff were unwilling or incapable of dealing with queries. Safe was on the floor, so you had to be a safe cracker to use it, stairs all over - not great for disabled people. Paid £180 for a Saturday night I could go on a 5 star cruise ship for less. Facilities were none existent, away from human contact, not as described, the list is endless ....

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I was disappointed to hear of the issues you experienced during your most recent stay with us and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I would like to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests. We do strive to deliver excellent customer service at all times which it appears we did not achieve and we hope that you will allow us to redeem our reputation and choose to stay with us again in the future.

If you wish to discuss any of the issues you had during your stay in please email on jalelg@days-mcc.co.uk with a note of your contact details and I will make arrangements to contact you.

Kind regards