The Pendulum Hotel
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$69
$141
Hotels.com
  • Pool
$109
$100
  • Room Service
Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$87
$51
  • Free Internet
$81
  • Free Internet
Travelodge Manchester Upper Brook Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$45
Travelodge
1,800 results
All reviewsgarden barmanchester conference centrecompact roomcanal streetconference facilitiesironing boardpalace theatregay villagepiccadilly stationshort stayfull englishfew minutes walkreception staffbreakfast was excellentwould stay againbudget hotelone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Well what can I say, if you want a hotel with noisy banging hotel room doors when people go out and in of there rooms both during the day and the night then pick this hotel. They really need to do something about the room doors, as I have never been to another hotel where it is so noisy when people go out and in of there rooms as the doors slam closed and you can hear them from several rooms along.

1  Thank Garry R
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I was disappointed to hear of the issues you experienced during your most recent stay with us and I would like to apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I would like to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests. We do strive to deliver excellent customer service at all times which it appears we did not achieve and we hope that you will allow us to redeem our reputation and choose to stay with us again in the future.

Also i will be passing your comments regarding your room onto the Housekeeping Manager.

If you wish to discuss any of the issues you had during your stay in please email on jalelg@days-mcc.co.uk with a note of your contact details and I will make arrangements to contact you.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The rooms were quite small but have all the ameneties you would expect. Very clean and all the staff were exceptionally helpful and polite. I would stay here again as it is good value for money. The food in the resurant is wonderful.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments. We do appreciate all the comments which are left from all our guests and it is always nice to hear when a guest has really enjoyed their stay with us.

We hope to see you again soon,

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 28, 2013

The room was cold on arrival, which turned out to be because the window frame seal was broken and had been poorly repaired. I stuffed a towel into the window frame to reduce the draft.

The room was poorly laid out. The television could not be viewed from the bed, for example.

I arrived late in the evening - 10pm. The reception desk, and the in-room information, advised me that food was served in the bar until 11pm. But on enquiring in the bar, the chef had stopped serving and the only thing available was the limited room service menu. Very disappointing, and poor communication between staff.

I ordered breakfast on check in, but this information had not been communicated to the breakfast staff.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 28, 2013

The best thing was breakfast - this was cooked well and not rubbery. The evening meal however was poor quality and poor value for £15 and the bar tender had to ask me 4 times for my room number to confirm the drinks. The noise from drunk revellers outside that permeated through the windows and the crashing doors of inconsiderate guests at 3pm was not good. I wouldn't stay here again because I couldn't guarantee either a decent evening meal nor a good nights sleep. The reception staff were excellent though.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments regarding your stay with us.
I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your dinner with us, I am surprised to hear that the dinner service was not what you expected and i assure you i will be looking into this further to ensure it does not happen again.

I am very sorry about the noise caused by the other guest during your stay and please accept our apologies.
I do hope this will not stop you from staying with us again soon,

Best Regards

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Overall: Good rooms - all you need for a short stay.
Very friendly and helpful staff.

Really good: 24hr reception, and 24hr restaurant/catering (in case you need bottled water/ a snack etc. especially if you happen to travel antisocial hours).

A few things that could be even better:
- signs to point to the lifts
- sign in the lift indicating which number is ground floor/ exit (i think is number 2..) No big deal - but when you're in a rush with lots of luggage it helps.
- hair dryer was not good at all... (visitors, bring your own with you)

I give 3 stars because for a not particularly cheap hotel you expect just a little bit more.

1  Thank nat k

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your valued comments. We are currently refurbishing all of our bedrroms including new hairdryers. We take all feedback on board and like to find ways to make our guests feel more at home.

Once again thank you for your comments and i do hope we will see you again soon,

Kind Regards