“A night at the Days Inn” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Pendulum Hotel

The Pendulum Hotel
Ranked #46 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Derby
“A night at the Days Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

All the facilities I needed were in the room.
Room 309 is next to an exit door to the stairs, which on a few occassions were noisy as people entered/exited the times were.
The bed was a little to firm.
Nice touch was chocolate bar

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments. Our rooms are in the process of being refurbished at the moment. We are happy that you liked our little chocolate in your room and we do hope that you will come and stay with us again shortly.

Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Polish first
Newcastle Upon Tyne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

We recently stayed at days inn Manchester.six of us came for a family wedding. We walked from the station (about 8 mins) The staff were helpful, friendly and gave us good directions! we could walk into centre very easily. Good location. The room was small but had everything we needed. The breakfast had a good time limit and was fantastic!!! Would definitely recommend. A fab stay!!!

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your lovely comments.
Nothing pleases us more at the Days Hotel than to hear a guest or family have enjoyed their stay with us so much. We do hope you will all come and see us again soon, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Good location for weekend break in Manchester. Family of 5- all adults, booked 3 rooms which were fine. Excellent full breakfast included. Ate all other meals out. Big Church Night In Worship Tour at Audacious Church with Leeland & Martin Smith was Brill. Also visited Christmas markets.
Staff at Hotel, helpful and friendly. Would stay here again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us,
I am so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your family weekend with us.
We do hope that you will all come back and visit us again soon.

KU
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel (or should I say motel) is its staff. The are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are tiny and have have a low ceiling. They made me feel claustrophobic. They are badly decorated and the TV is outdated with minimum choice of channels. One of the lifts was out of service for my whole 4-nights stay which created a lot of hassle in getting one. No one to help you with your luggage through check in and check out.

The absolutely worst part is the room service. I had to call reception about 5 times in a period of 25 minutes until someone pick it up and transferred me to room service (There is is no direct number to them). Then I made my order, waited an hour and called them back and they have forgot about it! They said they did not record my room number which I remember stating twice when I ordered!! The order came and they promised me a complimentary drink which I have not received. The next day I tried to call room service again with no success so I ordered from domino's instead.

I booked the room with half-board included however dinner menu was a SHAME. The options are very limited and the food is tasteless. To be honest, it looked like dog food. Breakfast was OK with good options.

The cleaning lady did not change our bed sheets for two nights. Wifi in rooms is strong and good. Bed is comfy.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments regarding your stay with us.
I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, I am surprised to hear that the room service was not what you expected and i assure you i will be looking into this further to ensure it does not happen again. Also i will be passing your comments regarding your room onto the Housekeeping Manager.
I do hope this will not stop you from staying with us again soon,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is perfect if you're going to the Manchester Apollo. Just a short walk away and easy to get to.
The hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Didn't get to try the restaurant out but looked and smelt nice. Rooms are a little on the small side for me but if you're looking for somewhere to just get your head down for the night then this is perfect. Rooms are clean and extremely tidy and nice ventilation from the window which opens out a good amount. If attending an event at the Apollo again would definitely come here. Just perfect!!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely kind comments, we do have a great location being in the heart of Manchester city centre. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us.

Once again thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Capua (Ce)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I will say it in advance. The most amazing thing this hotel has is an active Focault pendulum located in the stairwell. This was really brilliant.
Apart from that, the hotel is located close to the University of Manchester and at a fair walking distance to the Picadilly city center, the shopping center and the Picadilly train station. It is the hotel where the Manchester Conference Center is located.
The breakfast was quite ok, with really delicious pain au choc. The fruit was not so tasty, but I'm coming from the South and used to much better fruit than in England :-) The receptionists were helpful and nice. The bar, where the dinner is served, is ok. The first night I had fish and chips and it was quite ok. The second night I had a steak sandwitch and I must say I didn't like the meat.
The room was very silent and the bed was very confortable. So, I was able to have great sleepings.
The only problem was the room size, really small. I must say that the light in the room was very weak and the heating was not adjustable. Some parts of the room (light) needed maintenance.
But all in all I would stay there again if I had to be at the Manchester Conference Center again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We do love our pendulum as it is quite a conversation starter.. I will pass your comments on to the Housekeeping Manager and the maintenance manager. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again.

St Albans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

The staff at this hotel were exceptionally efficient and helpful, going out of their way to address an error I had made! My prepaid reservation was for the night before I arrived! The staff discussed my predicament and transferred my booking to the night of my arrival. I am eternally grateful!

Dear Guest,

We understand from time to time mistakes can happen and we will do everything in our power to ensure your stay is as comfortable and stress free as we possibly can. We want you to have a memorable, reassuring stay with us and we hope to see you again soon,