“WEEKEND STAY”

Ranked #46 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Hereford, United Kingdom
“WEEKEND STAY”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

suited my requirements not far from city centre . just needed place for sleep . staff very pleasant helpful had breakfast one morning saved hunting the streets plenty of choice have as little or a lot as you wanted ,also restaurant .for evening meal if required . downstairs bar which also served snacks useful . . also from 9,30 pm -7am room service available for snacks drinks ,..room adequate had all you needed use it again may do

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us and I will share your comments with the team. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Don`t book the student rooms you get what you pay for, very very basic rooms kettle/tea/coffee & towels, bed which is uncomfy (seen the rooms had a friend stay in one) The hotel rooms are clean & comfortable with tea/coffee facilities, nice fluffy towels, soap wash, iron & ironing broad, hairdryer, TV, phone. The bed was very comfy & nice to have a very dark room to sleep in, found the hotel quiet at night. The bathroom was clean but a bit shabby in areas. Breakfast: there is plenty to choose from different teas/coffees, fresh orange, fruit, cereals, pasteries, bread, full English breakfast. There`s a bar at the front of the hotel sells hot & cold drinks & snacks there`s tables & chairs with very large parasols outside the front of the hotel. The bar is nice & there`s outside seating too, food can be ordered until 1030pm.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write your review we appreciate your feedback. I will pass on the comments regarding the bathroom to our maintence team and we hope to seeing you again next time you are in Manchester.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

we stayed here on saturday 10th august just for one night two couples, on arrival a little early we asked if we could check in the man on reception was very polite and friendly has they was only one of our rooms ready we just put all our bags in the one room till later. we used the car park just next door was surprised that it only cost us £4 for the full 24hrs. we was pleasantly surprised with this hotel for the price we paid, our room was spacious and very clean the other couples room was a little smaller but still very clean (they was a little too hot) that was only thing wrong with this hotel, all staff was friendly and the bar was relaxing and the comment from that last review about the mixer with the drink on arrival we was given a welcome sheet and if they had read it in brackets its states coke/lemonade. the breakfast was lovely everything from cereals to fresh fruits to cooked breakfast everything you need.would defiantly would use this hotel again, thankyou for lovely stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely comments and feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are in Manchester.
Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had the unfortunate experience of staying at this hotel on Thursday evening, 8th August, in room 505. The staff were polite and friendly but I am afraid that is where the good side of this hotel ends.
We entered our room (cupboard) which had a double bed sandwiched into it and a fan in the window which I presume was supposed to make it cooler. The choice of TV channels was very restricted and it was used mainly to drown out the noise outside our window. Nowhere in your literature does it warn about the noise which was made by the students in the Student Accommodation rooms directly below our room. They were only silenced at about 11.30pm. Unfortunately the students returning to their rooms at 3am decided to make another row waking us both. The room also remained very hot all night and the noise of the fan made us have a very restless night irrespective of the students.
We spent some time in town and returned to the hotel and decided to go to the Conservatory Bar for a drink. I ordered a pint of bitter and a coke. The coke was poured but the beer was flowing very slowly. I told the barperson that the gas had run out. He told me it did not use gas. When he checked he said sorry but the gas had run out but would have to wait for a supervisor to change it. This took 25 minutes!!!!!! It would have been rude of me to leave as my partner had started their drink. Later on we returned to the bar for a nightcap, after drinks in town. I decided to take up the advertised offer of a double whisky and mixer for £2.50. Unfortunately, again, the advertisement did not tell me, nor did the barperson, that their idea of a mixer is anything from the mixer post (lemonade or coke). I ordered a Dry Ginger. I have worked in the bar trade for many years and all bars I know recognise a Tonic, a Dry Ginger, a Bitter Lemon as a MIXER! They need to make the offers legally correct and not misleading. I am sure that Trading Standards would agree. Consequently, I paid £7.50 for a double and dry and half a pint of coke. Extortionate considering the advertised price!!!!!
Take note that they offer breakfast for £7.95 but next door a good bar offers a full English for £3.
Overall, the experience of staying at this 3 star hotel extremely disappointing. I doubt that I shall ever return and spoilt what was a birthday treat!

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here ask for a room which does not face the sun and that is furthest from any...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I was disappointed to hear of the issues you experienced during your most recent stay with us and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.
I would like to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests. We do strive to deliver excellent customer service at all times which it appears we did not achieve and we hope that you will allow us to redeem our reputation and choose to stay with us again in the future.

If you wish to discuss any of the issues you had during your stay in please email on jalelg@days-mcc.co.uk with a note of your contact details and I will make arrangements to contact you.

Kind regards
dublin
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed at days hotel Manchester From 26 TO 29 OF JULY 2013,Very nice hotel staff very nice and buffet breakfast was great and sunday breakfast up to 11.30 am .Double standard rooms are small and hot were as double classic rooms and twin rooms are much bigger.10 minute walk from picadily train station and city centre.BAR/LOUNGE at the back of hotel which is a conservertory.BAR/LOUNGE is beatiful very relaxing also do nice bar food.Altogether a great weekend staying at this hotel,no complaints at all Would stay at this hotel again for sure Days Hotel is also known as the mcc-MANCHESTER CONFERENCE CENTRE.very busy hotel THANKS TO ALL HOTEL STAFF IT WAS GREAT.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay with us from which I was very pleased to learn that you found everything to be very good.

I hope that we can continue to live up to your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel for your next visit in the not too distant future.

Regards

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This hotel was a short walk from Manchester Picadilly station, and close enough to walk to shopping, entertainment, bars/restaurants, and historic parts of the city. It was clean,comfortable, and seemed freshly refurbished. A number of tempting options for breakfast and other meals. What impressed me most, however, was the excellent service I got from the Night Team on Reception when I arrived, tired and harassed after a long train journey. They made me feel welcome, and one person in particular, Marlon, really went the extra mile to print off an email attachment for me, which I needed to sign and return, urgently. (It turned out to not be a straightforward job). I stayed for 3 nights on a course, and another member of Reception team, Gustavo, also helped me out when a problem arose, which was much appreciated.
Kim, Nottingham

Room Tip: Rooms around the courtyard bar, or facing over the front outside bar area may be a bit noisy if it i...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. It is always very pleasing from our point of view when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your kind comments on to them.

Kind Regards

Front of house Manager
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Went to Manchester for the Test against Australia. Knew nothing about the town or it's hotels and found The Days via googling "Manchester hotels".
It was the cheapest hotel I could find that was close to Manchester Piccadilly station (a four minute walk away). As such it's pretty much in the heart of the city, lots of pubs and restaurants close by.
The room was standard (are they all getting smaller or is it just me getting bigger?). No air conditioning, which - being Manchester - I imagine wouldn't normally be a problem. All perfectly clean and serviceable.
Would I use the hotel again? Yes, without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us and I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Manchester

Regards