“good value for money”
Review of The Pendulum Hotel

The Pendulum Hotel
Ranked #45 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Booked this hotel at short notice due to needing accommodation quickly. Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms small but comfortable. Shower was great. Breakfast was fantastic and set us up for the day.
We knew what to expect as have used other hotels in the chain and were not disappointed. Great location for town centre and the train station.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review which I have passed to the relevant departments.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future..

Thanks again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family stayed at the days hotel in Manchester U.K. WE were 4 guest and ordered 2 rooms. Check in was after midnight. The clerk was so helpful, and was ready to do anything to make our stay enjoyable. Barbara the manager was so very nice and made our stay a very pleasant one!!!!
Thomas, Louise, and all the other staff members also went out of their way to make our stay a very pleasant one.
The breakfast was a full self service buffet, that was varied and delicious! Dinning room staff were also very helpful.
We will use this hotel again when we visit Manchester U.K.!

Room Tip: No need to add a tip. Every thing will be to your liking.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the Days Hotel Manchester city centre . Your kind comments are very much appreciated and I hope you do not mind that I have taken the liberty of passing them on to all our Team Members and especially to our General Manager Barbara Womack Simms.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel

Front of House Manager.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The Days Hotel has a really convenient location - close to city centre and train stations. Disappointing room. The staff were helpful and the breakfast was fantastic. No major gripes but no big thumbs up either! Par for the course.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and you enjoyed the breakfast.

We do currently have a refurbishment programme underway and hope to continue this throughout the year.

Your kind comments are very much appreciated and I have passed them on to all our Team Members.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next visiting Bolton.

Regards

Reviewed July 23, 2013

If, as we were, you need a bed for the night in Manachester City Centre look no further.
Mega central, on the edge of the University campus just back from Oxford Road and a short walk to China Town, Canal Street, Piccadilly Gardens et al. This place was presumably originally part of the UMIST campus? It has been successsfully converted into a perfectly adequate, well priced mid range modern hotel. Check in and out a little slow but it was quite busy. Usual language problems found. It seems common in all hotels in England nowadays in this price range.
The rooms are a little tired with worn carpets old nets etc: but well equipped. Iron, Ironing board, hairdryer, flat screen TV and Tea/Coffee a plenty all as part of standard kit. The self service breakfast was included in the price. All required for a full a English was available or Cereals, Fruit, Yoghurt etc for those who prefer?
Wouldn't hesitate to return myself or for the money wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your stay, I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay. We do have a refurbishment plan in place and this does include the corridor carpets.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel is ideal if there's a group of you. I was with a party of 14 age range 25 to 65. We'd booked single rooms and for the price we paid, about £50 each, they were basic but clean. Each room had a shower/toilet and we were provided towels. The hotel its self looked very good and the bar area was very nice. The prices of alcoholic drinks were standard pub prices and even though we didn't stay at the hotel for dinner I read the menu and the choice and prices were good. We had breakfast included in with the price or our rooms. This was a self service breakfast which was full English, continental, fruits, yogurts and cereal. Although I stuck to juice my friends said the coffee was very nice. The food was rotated quite a few times the hour I was in the dining area so was fresh and hot. The sausages were yummy, I went back for seconds! Staff were friendly and over all I had a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review from which I was delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us. Your kind comments are very much appreciated and I have passed them on to everyone concerned.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel when you are next in Manchester City. Thank you again for your comments.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 22, 2013

For a cheap and cheerful stay this is a great little find. Small rooms but nice and clean with all necessary amenities'.. As the Weather has been hot the rooms are very warm but the staff had left a fan on and the window opened in preparation, nearby reasonably priced parking. Fantastic conference facilities should you require use. Located in a great spot nearby rail and easy access to motorway.
I was there on a corporate night but would consider for both business and pleasure (although a little basic for the pleasure however perfect for a night on business)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
DaysMCC, Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review from which I was pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next visiting the Manchester area.

Regards

Reviewed July 21, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel I was unaware a £100 deposit was required to stay in the hotel..I gave cash as they firstly requested a bank card to take the payment (you do not receive your deposit back until 3 days after you checkout), which is bad so I said I only had cash...The receptionist stated how they don't normally accept cash but will on this occasion however, when we checked out the other receptionist pulled a bunch of envelopes out from other guests deposits so obviously they lied about that...

Room was so small I thought I was a joke..room was clean and modern but there was no bath which I was not happy about..due to the small size of the room we were far too warm at all times, and we had to keep a fan on all day and night...Otherwise the hotel was clean, staff friendly and an excellent location for the price.

Room Tip: Pick a bigger room size
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your constructive comments which I have set further investigation and would like to take this opportunity to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Kind Regards