“Very Good”

Ranked #50 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Very Good”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stayed here on a recent shopping trip having usually stay the Travelodge on Blackfriar Street, I decided to look elsewhere due to a recent bad stay so searched Hotels and found Days Inn. It had everything that we were looking for. The location is good but not quite city centre as stated but that is fine as it was walkable from the train station and only £5 for a taxi in the evening to the other side of town (needed when wearing large heels!) The staff were nice and welcoming, the hotel was clean and nicely decorated and the room had everything we needed. After the experience at Travelodge for more money it was a nice change. The food and restaurant looked nice but we ate out. I will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
DaysMCC, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for you great comments, we look forward to looking after you again on your next visit.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I was stay in this hotel for one night.
I asked about quiet room so far from main street. My room had windows for main very busy street, I was try sleep but this was not possible. This room was clean, but didn't look like on the web side.
I never will be recommend this hotel !!! Staff was nice only when call to me with apology's when charge my credit card for near 220 £

Room Tip: Room was on the front hotel - room 318
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kubica2010
I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this occassion, we do have rooms overfacing the internal courtyard, however, most are external facing. I don't have a lot of detail to investigate why your requests were not honoured on this occassion, usually special requests are catered for as much as possible. I can only assume on this occassion that we were not able to provide a room due to bookings that were already in situ. If I could ask you to contact me directly, I would be happy to discuss your stay with us in more detail. With regards to your room, 318 is a workzone room, they are larger that the city doubles, however, it is the city double that is pictured on the web site as we have more of them on site than the work zone.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2012

one nights stay in days hotel sackville stree t manchester it was clean , comfortable, excellent staff, good food,value for money when I go to manchester to go shopping that is the only place I will stay

Room Tip: choose a higher floor for less noise
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
sunderland
Reviewed April 3, 2012

we went down to manchester for 1 night to see stiff little fingers at the hmv ritz .booked in very quickly ,room very clean but really small.we were only sleeping in there anyway so were not too bothered .food in bar was very good .breakfast was good .only problem was in the bar ,this hotel had a group of about 1o men who were drinking and useing very bad language ,there was 2 children on the next table with the parents .then the next day about 6 sunderland fans who had been down for the game were sitting drinking in the bar and again there was children about but it didnt stop the language .this put a downer on the bar for me .all in all a good hotel but the use of bad language needs to be stopped in the bar when children are around .

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for letting me know about the bad language that was used in the bar during your visit. I agree this must have been off putting and is not acceptable, our staff are trained to manage these type of situations, however, on this occassion it would appear that we haven't done so. Following your comments, I have re trained the staff on the bar to ensure they are reading these situations better, and dealing with them as they come up. Thank you for leaving us your comments. I do hope it thasn't put you off visiting us again in the future.
Reviewed April 1, 2012

just got back from a nights stay in the days hotel
well located just off portland street good room very clean very good breakfast included
car park opposite cheap too at £4 for all saturday and sunday

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope you choose us again on your next visit.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in March. The hotel is ideally located for access to the city centre. It is a 10 minute walk from Piccadily Station and there is ample car parking close by. The standard rooms are small but very clean and comfortable. It can be noisy but then what city centre hotel isn't? The staff are very friendly and do everything they can to make you welcome. The conservatory bar and it's staff are excellent. We would stay again but probably in an executive room which are larger. Perfect hotel for a few nights in the city.

Room Tip: Chose an executive room overlooking the internal quadrangle.
1 Thank C H
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I will share them with the team. We look forward to looking after you again in the near future.
South Yorkshire
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I would say this hotel is ideally located if you are visiting Manchester to see a friend/family member who is a student at the uni or you are intending to spend time in the Canal Street area which is about 5 minutes away. If you are visiting for shopping, city centre nightlife or the MEN then although it is only about a 15 minute walk from Piccadilly station, there are similarly priced hotels which would be closer. If you do stay here though expect an average, bland, "budget" hotel and you won't be disappointed. The staff were efficient, the whole hotel appeared clean and tidy and the room was a decent size with a clean bathroom. Positives of the room: there were plenty of plug sockets, a fan and an iron and ironing board. Negatives of the room: stained carpet, water temperature in the shower seemed to change itself at will, quite a dated look over all. Neither outstanding nor terrible, I'd describe our stay here as 'pleasant'.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
DaysMCC, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, I would appreciate more information about the room you stayed in, as it concerns me that you encounterd issues with carpet stainage and shower service. The majority of our rooms have been recently refurbished, therefore, more information would assist me to pin point the housekeeping issue. I will message you directly to discus further. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.