“Very good hotel with a warm welcome.”
Review of The Pendulum Hotel

The Pendulum Hotel
Ranked #47 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I have to be honest and say that I would never have thought about staying in a Days Inn hotel, I thought they were just motoway hotel type places (sorry for my ignorance). So when I seen the £10 per night offer in a Sunday paper and noted the hotel locations I was pleasantly surprised.

I booked two nights for me & my husband to celebrate my Birthday & at a later date I booked another two nights for our son to come with us as he had never been to Manchester before; his room cost £49 per night which was really good value. I was a bit worried about our son been in a room on his own as he has Autism & a learning disability and normally shares with a room with us.

When we arrived we were greeted with a lovely warm welcome from Cheryl, I asked for rooms next to each other & we were given rooms accross the corridor from each other. We were on level 3, we over looked the conservatory bar but our sons room looked out on street level where students attending the university parked their bikes. Both rooms were city doubles, yes compact but comfortable and well designed with every thing we needed. I noticed the ironing board was very cleverly concealed between the bathroom & the bed (though I never used it). We love our cups of tea & coffee so it was nice to see quality tea & coffee & even nicer to see complimentary biscuits! I loved the colour scheme of the room & the lighting.

The hotel is only a short 5 min walk from Piccadilly rail station & the town centre, Manchester is a vibrant city, we managed to see the Annie Lennox exhibition at the Lowry, Imperial war museum north, Arndale Centre, Had a meal in the Print works, Canal street was lovely at night with it's twinkling lights on the trees, had a ride on a tram etc etc ....so much to see and do in Manchester! We will return as I missed having a look around Harvey Nicols & the Trafford centre! We enjoyed our stay and would have no hesitation and stay at the Days Hotel Manchester again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bunnywunny1
DaysMCC, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, thank you so much for leaving us your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Manchester.

There are newer reviews for The Pendulum Hotel

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Hotel was ok, car park good right next door. noise is a problem, both in hotel corridor and outside, no air con in room.

Room Tip: away from courtyard
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
DaysMCC, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, I would like to discuss your feedback about the noise you encountered in more detail, to assist with staff training, I will therefore, drop you a message directly.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

The rooms are rather small and I would not recommend staying too long. A single person in double room was OK but I would think that it would be quite cosy with 2. That being said I stayed in a City double for one night and it was fine for waht I required. Great shower!

Room Tip: Minimum would be a City Double
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay, if you found the city double rooms to be compact, we do have the option of a larger work zone room. If you wish to have a look at them during your next stay we would be delighted to show them to you. We look forward to looking after you again very soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Just got back from a weekend in Manchester, booked the Days hotel through Laterooms for just over £50 for the night.
Hotel wasn't the most luxurious but it had everything you would need, hair dryer, iron, TV etc.
Five minute walk from Canal Street, 10 minute walk from City Centre and the massive multistory car park round the corner cost us just £4 for two days - fantastic value.
If Im in Manchester again I will stay at Days Hotel very happily.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ToryP_27

Fantastic comments, thank you very much. We are located very close to Manchester's night life and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us aswell as your night out in manchester.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

we found this hotel very clean and very friendly
the rooms are very nice all u need is there for u
i usualy find it hard to sleep in hotels but this one
i was out like a light and did not wake up till the morning
the buffet breakfast was lovely but could be more of a choice
there is a car park right next to the hotel and cost us only 4 pounds
so if your looking for a lovely hotel look no further you have found it
staff 5 stars,fodt 5 stars bed 5 stars we coming back to manchester
and the first thing we will do is book this hotel,also if your looking for a nice meal we went
to the big red world buffet again 5 satrs

2  Thank cookson61

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I have passed your comments on to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

4 of us stayed over for 1 night on sat 3 march '12. Had a great stay, very clean and warm. Although room was a bit small this did not bother us as the smell of clean bedding totally won us over. Hotel quite a walk from centre but reception called us a cab which came in minutes and charged only £4 to centre. Breakfast - fantastic, staff more than nice! Definately use again!!

• Stayed: March 2012

Thank you for your great feedback, I am delighted we met your expectations and look forward to looking after you again very soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

very poor night at this hotel. Noisy inconsiderate people on our floor, made worse by staff arguing with them, rather than removing them. Sound proofing very poor, could hear next door using the toilet. The room was clean, but run down, Very disappointed seeing as we paid £100 for 1 night. We only wanted a place to sleep, but that was impossible. also breakfast was very expensive.

1  Thank fluffy_fionna

I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us, we do have a zero tolerance policy for internal noise within our hotel and am very surprised that this was not adhered to on the night you stayed. I would like to discuss your comments more fully if possible, I will therefore, email you on the address shown.