“EXCELLENT FOLLOW UP FOLLOWING COMPLAINT”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
WEST YORKSHIRE UK
“EXCELLENT FOLLOW UP FOLLOWING COMPLAINT”
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We were very disappointed with our stay here and posted this sentiment on Tripadvisor in May 2009. Since then, the Manager has been in touch and been more than helpful, courteous and obliging and has met us more than halfway in terms of recompense, so thank you for that. I complained with due justification but I cannot fault the apology or the after service since. For the service we have received since I am going to rate it 5.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TIGLO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,113)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2009

stayed here four times before and loved it but not now we booked family room this time but it stunk of smoke even tho it wasnt a smoke room the rooms around us was not just that they put a group of drunk lads next to us !!!!! its put me off this place now its going down hill for me after that .

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank DANNYANDSTACEY
Lancashire, UK
Reviewed June 23, 2009

The public areas of this hotel look absolutley amazing with its modern design and themed floors so I was a little a bit disappointed by the Deluxe room when I walked in. The room is smaller than I thought it would be (and it had an additional bed next to the window). It was clean and I was only staying a night so I can't complain too much. The Breakfast buffet was very nice and would recommend.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Staffordshire
Reviewed June 13, 2009

I arrived here to stay overnight as I was catching and early morning flight for my Honeymoon. On the booking I specified it was a honeymoon too. We were checked in quickly and directed to the room which was clean and comfy. Free WiFi is available for guests.
We had not eaten tea so went to the bistro for tea. After ordering the food arrived. It was prompty returned as the sandwhich I ordered was stale, the cucumber dry and I mean dry. My wifes burger was raw in the middle, and again I mean raw! We had a look around but there is nowhere else to eat at that time of the night without going through airport security.
I complained to the manager who had replacement meals sent to our room, offered us complimentary desserts, and threw in a bottle of Champagne. Nice touch, but to be honest, the least they could do for serving uncooked food.
Summary, well a nice enough hotel, dont rate the food at all and it certainly isnt worth the money they charge for it. If you are staying for the convenience of the sky bridge direct into terminals, dont. Its not worth the money and the walk is not a short one. Better to stay in otehr airport hotels and use the free shuttle bus.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Georgia
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Great place to stay when flying in or out; we were flying out the next day after 18 days of touring Scotland and Wales. Last minute booking/change due to construction and difficulty of maneurving around Manchester. When we arrived, we were exhausted, the conscierge unpacked out car and transported them to our room, while another parked and made arrangements for Hertz to pickup our car. We were given a beautiful, spacious, clean, and comfortable room and bath on the seventh floor with a view of Manchester out the glass wall/window. Complimentary computer usage in the lobby. The casual restaurant suited our lite appetites and quenched our thirst. The reception personel was friendly and extremely helpful. All we had to do the next morning was take our luggage down the elevator into the lobby and walk throught a tunnel and we were at the airport. I would stay in more Radisson SAS in the states if I could find one...a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maturetraveler2
UK
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Stayed here for one night prior to flying on an early morning flight out of Manchester airport. Spent a bit of time reading the reviews on various hotels in and around the airport, and eventually chose to spend a little bit extra money at the Radisson based upon ease of location (directly linked to the terminals) and wanting to ensure comfort and a good quiet night's sleep. We arrived on the train into Manchester airport and it is only a short 5min walk to the hotel entrance linked to the Terminals. Check in took 5 mins as it was busy but staff were efficient and friendly. Our room was not huge, but it was clean, modern and had everything we needed. Huge floor to ceiling windows overlooked the runways with high quality curtains to block out the light at night time. The room was fully sound proofed so you couldn't hear the planes. The room was well furnished, great linens, comfy chairs for reclining in, TV, room for suitcases and hanging space. Bathroom a decent size and a good quality shower. Free toiletries. We askef for extra pillows and these were delivered quickly to our room.
We wandered down to the bar and restaurant for dinner, but it was quite busy and getting late, and our room was so cosy we decided to go back up and order room service. We had some delicious pizzas, salad and chips through room service and a great bottle of wine, quite reasonably priced, delivered within 30 mins piping hot and with quality crockery, cutlery, lots of condiments. We really enjoyed ourselves watching a movie with the lights down low...very relaxing and home-from-home like. Had a comfy and quiet night's sleep.

In the morning we had a wake up call, easy check out (too early for breakfast), and an extremely easy 5 min stroll to get the terminals for check in. We were so pleased we made the choice to pay a bit extra to stay at Radisson, because we actually felt like we started our holiday the night before, and we set off for our flight relaxed, well rested, in good spirits. Far far better than messing around trying to get parked, getting on shuttle buses, stressing out about finding the right Terminal etc. And very happy to have paid that bit extra for a bit more luxury rather than one of the budget hotels in the vicinity. Really felt it was worth the extra £s and we enjoyed our stay - wil definitely choose the Radisson again if we fly from Manchester in future. Thanks again Tripadvisor for helping us make the right choice!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Shezza77
Isle of Man
Reviewed May 27, 2009

Location

It's in the airport right next to Terminal 2 (less than 5 mins away) which was perfect for our flight to Mexico (though unfortunately cancelled!) The Crowne Plaza and Bewleys are close by but not as close).

Room

The rooms are decorated on a per floor basis which splits between oriental, italian, maritime and so forth. We got a maritime floor so all the halls are decorated with marine art and the rooms coloured accordingly. Our standard room was brilliant and well turned out with plenty of space. No idea how someone in an earlier post stated that the business room was small as the standards certainly are not. The bathroom was immaculate and the rest of the room has the usual amenities such as trouser presses, and so forth.

One gripe was that the beds were slightly hard but for me that wasn't a big issue. I could see people who don't like the harder beds being annoyed with this however.

Staff

Very friendly on arrival and throughout stay. We were only there for one night but as soon as we arrived we were asked if we would like to book a restaurant etc. I must admit though, they never informed me that there was a swimming pool, sauna and steam room which I've only just found out about which I would have liked to go to.

Restaurants and bar

Two main restaurants, the a la carte (Phileas Fogg) and the Runway Brassiere. We went to the Phileas Fogg and were not disappointed. We both had the shoulder of beef which was seriously to die for, one of the best main courses I have ever had. It isn't cheap and expect to pay the best part of £100 if you want wine. Nice setting looking over the runway of a night time.

I didn't venture anywhere else but there are menu's etc on their website.

Other facilities

There is a few internet pods which are free downstairs which was good. Looking at the pictures elsewhere the swimming pool and sauna etc seem great. It has a fitness centre, massage treatment rooms, dry cleaining and so on.

Overall

Great hotel, in a prime location for the airport. It has everything you need to start your holidya off in the best way possible. Via expedia you can pay £75 for a standard and they do various offers including parking or including dinner or breakfast etc that are good value. Don't book on their website.

We are off to Mexico hopefully in June now and have booked this hotel again. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Manx_Pilgrim