“Perfect location for the airport”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #15 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We have stayed here several times now and it is perfectly situated for the airport, especially T2. We drive here, leave the car as part of the package and the car is ready and waiting for us on our return. It is just a short walk along the covered Skylink so there's no need for a courtesy bus. On our recent visit, the new Collage Restaurant had opened and it is a huge improvement on the old restaurant. However, I was about to book for my next holiday and noticed that the price has increased by over 12.25%! Not happy about that so I have change my value rating from 5* to 3*. £155 was excellent value; £174 is little better than average and this increase is nowhere near as low as inflation.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tymoshan
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Thank you for your review and recommendation of Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester Airport.
I am pleased to note an overall enjoyable experience and our recent refurbishments have met with our approval.
Bedroom pricing is relative to the levels of business anticipated, similar to that of the airlines. Equally, the further out your book, the better the rate you should be able to avail of. If I may be of assistance with your next reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may look after your requirements personally.
I very much look forward welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Michael

Write a ReviewReviews (6,129)

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I posted a review of this usually excellent hotel a couple of years ago to say that the over attentive waiting staff had let down my experience, and really pleased to see that my feedback was used to implement a simple and effective process to address that on my recent visit [see http://www.alex-brown.co.uk/2014/02/up-for-cup.html].

Great work, comfortable stay and the new bar and restaurant area looks great - making great use of the view of everything going on below at the Airport.

Look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a business room, you never know they might have one free :)
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for your further review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am pleased to read of your positive experience and thank you for sharing your feedback. It is important for us to understand the expectations of our guests as individual as that may be, and is mostly obtained from feedback such as you have provided.
I am pleased that we have had a further positive impact and hope you will continue to use the hotel in the future.
I very much look forward to wecloming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel many times both as a couple and with our young son. The staff are very friendly, helpful and professional. This time we stayed in a business class room which was immaculate with a great view of the runway. We had access to the business class lounge with complimentary drinks and snacks, it was all very civilised and the perfect start to our holiday. Only a short walk indoors to the airport check in desks - what more could you ask??!!
We're happy to pay 'that bit extra' for quality service and location!!

Room Tip: If you don't want to pay that bit extra for a Business Class room request an 'Italian' r...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LinB111

Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The location is without doubt the best for Manchester Airport. Various family members have stayed here a great many times either before holiday or on business and seldom use anywhere else. The pool and gym facilities are excellent. The business rooms and the additional services offered are first class. There was one hiccup encountered with this particular stay - quite considerable to the individual concerned however the mark of any business/ organisation is how they deal with the concerns raised. The Radisson in response to that concern - in extremely quick time, listened, they investigated and they resolved the matter beyond what was asked or expected.

My advice to anyone using Trip Advisor who encounters a perceived problem and prior to any review is to raise the matter and give the provider the opportunity to resolve - this was done on this occasion and The Radisson Blu most certainly excelled and are receiving a deserved review not clouded by the one perceived problem.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note an overall enjoyable stay and thank you for taking the time to post your overall experience.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced on this occasion. I am delighted that this was resolved to your satisfaction.
I do hope you will have opportunity to return in the not too distant future as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Use the train, stay here the night, catch the plane next morning !
This is not the cheapest place to stay overnight before or after a flight, but it's certainly the most convenient , especially for T2. The rooms are not huge, but they are warm, comfortable and well equipped with wonderful views of the runway activities. Excellent remodelled restaurant since last year, with good choice of not too expensive food and drinks. Staff were all efficient and helpful. Highly recommended for private or business travellers.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation.
It Is always so pleasing to hear of a valued guests' satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to return in the not too distant future as I very much look forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for the first time after recommendation from a friend . Yes the rooms are looking a bit tied but still nice and by the noise of the drilling ( stopped at 18 hrs) the refurbishment is well Underway . The only thing that spoilt our stay was the duvet was not big enough for the giant bed we have . It just reached the edge but no further so I spent most of the night play " tug of war" with my other half Fighting over It . The result was a very poor nights sleep . Not what you want prior to a long haul flight . Would I stay here again . Yes I would but would ask for twin beds !

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your most positive review.
I am pleased that you stay was an overall enjoyable experience.
Apologies about the duvet - these are updated regularly. Please be assured there are is no need for twin beds. Should anything not be to your satisfaction upon arrival, we will do anything within our capability to make it right.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

It has become a family "tradition" now each year that we always stay at the Radisson the night before our holiday. We always stay in a family room which is 2 rooms with an inter-connecting door. We always have received excellent service. The new restaurant is great and the bar serve amazing cocktails. The hotel is literally in the airport which is so convenient especially when you have children.

The only criticism I would make is that we have stayed in the Radisson over 6 times and have remained loyal to them. I just wish that they would appreciate our business as a returning guest and maybe offer an upgrade or a bottle of wine in the room etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank boomie22

Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay once again - it is always so pleasing to hear of a retuning guests' continued satisfaction.
I am sorry that you feel unappreciated - this is absolutely not our intention. If I could ask that you contact me directly (michael.weston@radissonblu.com) when you are ready to book your next stay so I may ensure I can look after your requirements personally.
Once again, thank you for your review. I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.