“SIR SAD? NO!”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #14 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I will be honest with you. If I had checked more thoroughly with what was going on in Manchester that weekend, we may never have stayed in the hotel. As it turned out, the Radisson spared my blushes after we had committed ourselves to visiting the city for a family get-together; cancellation of which was not an option. With all city centre rooms in the region of £250 per night, as a result of the World Rugby League Final on the Saturday, the option of a double room at the Radisson at £86 was an acceptable alternative.

We were greeted politely and efficiently at reception, discovered that we had been allocated a very comfortable room on the eighth floor, and were pleased with the standard of both bedding, furnishings and bathroom. Parking at the hotel was £12 for a full 24 hours, so it was easy to use taxis and rail travel to get to our family do; and to go into Manchester for Christmas shopping. (Please note: the dedicated taxi service intimated proved to be quick directions to the black cabs at the station).

As an add-on,we included breakfast at £10 per head, which was a buffet served in the hotel's wine bar area. It was all right, but neither the food, nor the setting was quite up to the mark; unless you want to sit in a circular booth, and eat barely pink bacon and lukewarm scrambled eggs. Still, as an alternative to £250 a night, without breakfast, in the city, the Radisson proved to be a comfortable and affordable alternative. And very,very quiet, if you are lucky enough to get Room 801.

Room Tip: A room away from the central lift area of the hotel, will keep you well away from the possibility of...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Please be assured your feedback is shared with our entire team and your comments regarding breakfast shall be actioned accordingly - this certainly should not have been the case and I am sorry that this was your experience.
I do hope you will choose to return in the not too distant future, when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Traveled via train to the airport, very close to the hotel, even with luggage.
Rooms were of a high standard, with all the expected amenities you require.
Hotel was very quiet, with no noise from the airport, hence a good nights sleep before onward travel.
Did not eat at the restaurant, but had a nice breakfast overlooking the airport.
Good wifi connection in the rooms.
Easy access to the airport for the morning flight, sky-walk to terminal 1, will use again in the future for an overnight stopover

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank RUSSY68

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here on Jan 3rd. They changed the restaurant since we were last here, and not for the better. Our food was poorly cooked and overpriced. The lady on the table next to us sent her ribs back to the kitchen twice (after first waiting for almost an hour because the kitchen lost her order). The first time because they were frozen in the middle !
We were woken just after 5am by the fire alarm (which turned out to be a false alarm). Stood outside in the cold until 6am. No explanation was given by any staff members. Then when we tried to shower, we found we had no hot water. According to the staff, that's what happens when the fire alarm goes off. Everything shuts down. They offered us nothing except a "well, that's the way it is" when we mentioned it at checkout.
I have stayed here multiple times before, but never again. It really has gone downhill. If I wanted a bad night's sleep and no shower we could have slept on the airport train platform and saved over a hundred pounds.
Airport Hilton, here I come.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Stoopidscreenname

Thank you for your review.
Please accept my apologies for your experience as described. Pleas be assured this is not indicative of our normal standards of service.
If I could ask you contact me directly to ensure a suitable resolve, with the aim to reinstilling your faith in our product and service offering, I would be most grateful? (michael.weston@radissonblu.com).
I do hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here mid journey to Egypt. The hotel is idealy located to the airport just a few minutes away from the terminals. We have a wheelchair and it was so easy to get to where we needed to be without any problems. All the staff at the hotel were very accommodating; whilst we were getting settled in the fire alarm went off and a member of staff came and stayed with us throughout, until it was safe to go back to our room. The food in the restaurant was top class although maybe a little pricey. The bedroom and facilities was really nice, with everything to hand including tea and coffee making facilities. There are of course other hotels nearby which are much cheaper, however, we opted for the better quality and we're not disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It is always pleasing to hear such feedback and I thank you for taking the time.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We flew out of Manchester airport very early on Boxing Day and I wanted a hotel close to the terminal so I could drop the car in the meet and greet on Christmas Day and stay overnight for convenience. The location is excellent, you could not get better. It is connected by an undercover airbridge to the terminal and the walk from the meet and greet to the terminal is only a few minutes, mostly covered.

The reception service was excellent and although it was busy, there were enough desks available to check us in immediately. It's a pet hate of mine to be left waiting when staff are wandering around, but not a problem here so keep it up!

Although we flew early, the hotel had also provided a table of breakfast refreshments in the lobby to help yourself to at no extra cost. Thank you Radisson for acknowledging the needs of travellers!!!

The only slight issue I had was that the room we stayed in on the oriental themed floor was a bit dated. The plug in the bath was not working and when I did manage to get it open, there was a very strange smell! The room was also made up for a single person so we didn't have enough towels but we had arrived so late and I was getting ready for bed with an early start so I couldn't be bothered to start phoning reception and waiting for people to turn up with more. Under normal circumstances, this would be less of a problem.

These are only minor irritations though and I would not hesitate to stay here whenever I fly from Manchester - well done, keep it up!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased you have enjoyed your stay. It is always pleasing to hear such positive feedback.
I am however sorry to hear of the problems you encountered with your bedroom. Please be assured this will be actioned to avoid any repeat in the future.
I do hope you had a pleasant onward journey and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed here when we were flying out of Mansfield on an International flight. Very appealing hotel. Spotlessly clean and modern rooms. Comfortable beds with heavenly feather pillows.
We booked two rooms. One faced the terminal, the other faced the airport. Both were quiet, although the room facing the terminal was quieter.
The shower and bath were heavenly, large soaking tub with plenty of hot water and even a heated tile floor. Nice touch on a cold rainy day.
We ate dinner and breakfast in the dining room. There are no other choices unless you drive away from the airport. The food was very good, service a bit slow and the view from floor to ceiling windows was wonderful. If you like watching planes, you"ll really enjoy this.
They have a great walkway straight into the airport, fully enclosed. We even walked through the walkway in the evening for exercise. They do have a gym and pool, but we didn't go there, so I can't say anything about that.
Special shoutout to the doorman. He was so helpful, wish I would have got his name. Definitely an asset to the property.
We"ll stay here again whenever we visit the UK.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank DeniseS76

Thank you for your most positive review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a pleasant onward journey.
I do hope you will have the opporutnity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We always stay here as it's one of the best on the complex, you get what you pay for, the food is excellent, rooms are very spacious and park and fly is a breeze. Already booked for the next jollies, you can't fall off!!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you the next time.