“Great start to holiday”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #15 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed there twice now. First time before long haul to NZ. Checked in to very comfortable room in the afternoon, had a chill and a swim then walked down to the terminal to eat rather than in the hotel. Good nights sleep then up for early flight. Friends of ours actually check in their luggage then go back to the hotel for breakfast. So handy, just minutes from check in and station. Look around for deals, we did and just added to holiday.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gandam55

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I booked this hotel based on some reviews but mainly for less hassle to get to Terminal 2 for a morning flight. As I was travelling alone to America I decided I wanted to start my holiday off in style so booked a Business Class Room as a treat. I read a few reviews a week or so before my visit and did know the hotel was being refurbished but thought it wouldnt really affect me. I got off the train and followed the easy signs to the hotel. Check in was quick and I was given my key. I was told that all meals including Breakfast would be served in the new restaurant, which when I walked past and looked in, looked nice and modern with tables, booths etc. Got to my room (on the 5th floor I believe) and to be honest the room was ok but nothing as i would have expected for Business Class. Apart from being abit more spacious than a cheaper chain hotel and a big bed, nothing much else stood out. Had an espresso maker, mini bar, tv etc. I dont drink tea or coffee so abit wasted on me. I went to the window to see my "great" view of the airport. It was overlooking office buildings and I could see the T2 sign in the distance. Not the best. But as I'm not really one to bother and complain much, I thought I would chill out and take a walk over to the terminal to check it out. Very simple, just walk right through the skywalk, about 5 mins if that. My plan was to chill out and have a few beers in the Observation Bar (which I heard great things about) - Shame that when i got in the lift to go up, the doors opened on level 9 to dust mats and tools and a few confused faces from builders. I was disappointed to say the least. Went back down to the Restaurant on Level 3 and ordered a very over priced bottle of beer, no draught beers in here. I knew that the few relaxing drinks would easily cost me alot more than i wanted to spend so I had that one and went back up to my room. I then had the better idea of going back to Terminal 2 and buying a bottle of wine from the Spar and have a few in my room. Call me cheap but with the bar prices and not wanting to dip into my holiday funds it was the better option. I ordered a meat feast pizza in the restaurant for around £13.50 and although it did the job and was freshly made, it was nothing to shout home about. The Wifi didnt work at all for me, and a few other guests i spoke to. I went to the desk to ask if there was a problem and was told they had full signal there so it should be ok! Lucky them! The super breakfast buffet included with a business class room was the best part of the stay for me. The staff seemed polite and as I said, its great to walk to the terminals but next time, i'll probably try another hotel nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank DaveB49
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the 2nd time at the end of may as we had an early morning flight the following day. the hotel location is excellent as its a short walk to terminals 1 & 2. We are a family of 4 and both times have had a family room which is 2 interconnecting rooms however both times we stayed we had to call reception to open the interconnecting door as it was locked. The rooms are a bit dated but spacious. The hotel is under refurbishment but this didn't cause too much disruption and check in & out was fast & efficient. We actually preferred the temporary bar located on an upper floor as it had great views of the runways & had comfy chairs & sofas - nice to sit with a glass of vino and watch the planes !
We ate in the restaurant - food ok, service friendly. I believe the hotel will be pretty impressive after the refurbishment & will have an executive lounge. We are staying again in August before our next holiday so look forward to seeing some of the improvements !

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Gillybabesx
Reviewed June 19, 2013

One night here to take the pain away from an early flight.

Heart sank at check in - five groups waiting with mammoth piles of luggage and two desks but the reception staff performed a miracle akin to Moses and the Red Sea and we were on our way to the 6th floor "Chinese" floor in a few minutes.

The hotel is undergoing refurbishment and I hoped that applies to the carpet in room 624 which had a brown stain. Otherwise clean, a comfy bed and everything else a decent Radisson does well enough.

The plan was room service and an early night, but the room service menu was limited and so we headed to the restaurant. We were not alone. Half an hours wait with a drink was just about ok, and whilst the staff did their best it did feel a bit like a factory feeding line. And the steak came without the frites.

I'd stay here again. It's a very short walk to the check in desks, its clean and perfectly comfortable. Perhaps the restaurant could be a better experience at a quieter time but £70+ for a very ordinary meal and average service doesn't cut it for me. Next time I might bring a picnic!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neal57
Reviewed June 18, 2013

stayed here Friday to catch early flight Saturday morning checked in airport Friday night thank god we did as the queues were back as far as the hotel on the Saturday morning.Great hotel and brilliant located for rail and airport everything in the hotel was TOP CLASS and much more than we expected tea coffee etc in the room. would recommend it to all

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank linandjim56
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Have stayed here several times and never been disappointed. Okay it's not the cheapest airport hotel, but you're right on the airport and there's no messing about parking cars early in the morning. Food a bit on pricy side, but very good. Rooms always excellent. Staff and reception very good. Really gives you a good start to your holiday

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelling0ldies
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have stayed here before and loved it but this time for £155 I got an unkept room with aircon that didn't work. Checkin staff were indifferent and when I went to the restaurant told it would be a 30 min wait for a table. I will avoid this place now for my Manchester business trips.

• Stayed: June 2013