“Will be lovely but great base now never the less!Fine for kids too!”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
“Will be lovely but great base now never the less!Fine for kids too!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed pre flight! Great location rooms clean and spacious! We were in business class but the extras like robes, slippers etc were not there straight away but upon asking were added! (no offer of paper though)
And would have liked a bottle of water in room though!) Cot in room as requested. Breakfast was included but we were leaving early so asked if we could have it as continential room service instead and this was not too much trouble it arrived promptly at 5am, which was amazing and very handy with a little one!
Joanne (from australia) was lovely who worked at the level 3 bar/restaurant as was the gentleman at reception whose name I didn't get but was only one wearing a suit that day (all others in promotion t shirts) building work meant many areas out of action Ie observatory lounge (directed you with arrows but full of building materials and chairs when there!)
Tips: ask for room NOT by lifts
Eating area on level 3 has more seats on the right and left although this is not clear when you look in.
Buy water before you get there for rooms (£3 a bottle in mini bar!!!)
Pool useful but small remember swim wear (towels and robes can be provided!)
Themed rooms(all rooms are themed!) are odd oriental was wierd and somewhat bizarre!
Highchairs available
Travel cot available
Warmed our milk up too for little one!
Extra bed in room costs more (but take your own lilo is cheaper option!)
Can check in bags night before was very useful (all flights!) less queue in morning!
To improve: Felt we should have been informed when booking that so much building work was happening and more business class extras should be provided without prompting. All in all would stay again hopefully when all work done!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,084)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Bristol
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed here prior to a flight from Manchester.
Nice Hotel. In fact I've stayed at many so called airport hotels that turn out to be a big disappointment but this one is good.
Well appointed bedrooms of good size with excellent white bedding. Modern furnishings and appliances - and soundproof.
Great top floor bar with view of the airport tarmac. I'm not a plane spotter, but it was very interesting.
Only odd thing was that I had to pay cash for room service. Not sure why or if it was a mistake.
All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank been-and-got-t-shirt
Norwich
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Good rooms, especially with runway/airport view - sad, eh?

Free in-room internet - not normally something I've worried about but I've finally joined the modern world!

Staff were great. Didn't eat in the hotel but a top tip is to order a local Indian takeaway, which they deliver - loads of options.

William

Room Tip: Gotta be a runway view - no noise whatsoever.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TheTravelCounsellor
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The staff I dealt with were all very good - remarkable as I had to start with a complaint that the restaurant was closed. They claimed it should have been clear when I booked - it was not! I hope they are not changing it too much as it used to be one of two reasons to stay here (the other being the direct walking connections to the terminals.
In the rooms the beds are beautifully presented and welcoming, but don't hide the general wear and tear, particularly to carpets. Given the sealed window units, proper air conditioning would be welcome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Longridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I needed to check in for my flight to the States very early in the morning, so I decided to book a room at the Radisson Blu the night before to take the stress out of having to leave my home, get a taxi to the railway station (which often don't turn up on time...or not at all!) jump on a train and be exhausted even before I got to the check-in!
As it turned out, the train I took the night before the flight had to terminate at Piccadilly Station because a freight train had de-railed further up the line. I dread to think of the consequences had this happened on the same morning as my flight, so I was jolly glad I'd booked myself in to a nice trouble-free night at the Radisson.
On arrival, I was greeted by very friendly staff and went to my room, which was impeccably clean and totally sound-proofed from the noise of the aircraft landing and taking off just a couple of hundred yards away (of which I had a great view, btw)
After a good night's sleep I got the wake up call at exactly 6 o'clock as I had asked for, so all I had to do was walk a short distance to the terminal.
I'll be flying back to the States next year, and will definitely be staying at the Radisson again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Mark H
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I booked a double room on 14th May for an overnight stay before our flight to Africa the next day. When we arrived, there was only one available parking space in the car park and it was next to the exit. We watched lots of people having difficulty finding spaces and people who's vehicles were jammed in due to the building workers on site who had parked their vans inappropriately. Part of the car park had been taken over by portacabins being used by the builders who were part of the refurbishment team. There were no disabled parking spaces that we could see within the hotel grounds which would have been helpful as my husband has had two knee replacements and carries a blue disabled parking badge so we had to carry all our luggage from the furthest part of the car park to the front of the hotel. The check-in was fine but the room was small, not a problem for one night but when we looked out the window in the morning there was scaffolding at the side of our window and it was easy for the workmen to see in. The bed which was supposed to be a double was actually two single beds together (they offered us a smoking room at check-in which we refused because it had single beds), and I spent all night trying to keep away from the centre of the bed in case I fell between them. We had dinner in the restaurant and ours was nice although overpriced for what we got but there were lots of meals being sent back to the kitchen and some of the waiters seemed a little out of their depth. The hotel is a mess at the moment and the prices should reflect this but they don't. We would have had a better meal, and a good night's sleep at the Premiere Inn for less than half the price. I wouldn't recommend this hotel, in It's present state, to anyone other than for business. It's only good point at the present time is the covered walkway to Terminal 2 and the service in the viewing bar. would have been nice to know about the refurbishment before we booked!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel until refurbishment is complete.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank redredrobyn
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My partner was going for business meetings near the airport and i joined him to do some shopping. Couldn't believe the hotels location. 5 minutes via skytunnel from airport and then 2 minutes walk to train station. Ten minutes to city centre and return was about 4 pound! So handy. Room was lovely and clean and well equipped we didn't want for anything. Bit tired maybe but they are currently undergoing a massive renovation.

But the main great point: WE WERE ABLE TO CHECK IN AT 8.30AM!!!
A god-send after an early morning flight and was much appreciated. Would definitely recommend.
Also loved the bar overlooking the runway.

Room Tip: Runway view would have been lovely.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business