“Even better than ever since the refurb”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #15 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed March 22, 2013

In the past we have always used this hotel before our holiday flights and generally ask for Room 956 - our photos of this room are on a previous review.
This year we asked for the same room again and had a fantastic surprise as the room had been given a complete refurbishment since our last visit in August. It was fantastic!
Our photos don't do the room justice as we couldn't manage to get a good shot of the beautiful new bathroom / shower room. As you can see from the photos it is almost like a new hotel and we understand that the hotel will begin a complete refurbishment programme this March.
For anyone who has criticised the hotel for being outdated in the past I suggest you give it another go!
I also have to mention the excellent service we received this time - it seemed better than ever. I think the man who checked us in was called Dan / Danny (I'm sorry if this is wrong) was extremely professional and polite - a great start to the holiday.
We have always liked this hotel and once it has had a new 'face lift' it will knock spots of all other hotels in this area.
Can't wait for August and our next holiday!

1  Thank Presto2
Ian R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Greetings from Radisson Blu

So great to hear from returning guests, thank you for your loyalty!

Room 956 was developed as a mock up room for the general rooms refurbishment. We have asked many hoteliers, colleagues, designers and guests to help us design that room, from the point of view of its look, longevity, practicality and of course general expectation. I am pleased to confirm all rooms initially on the 8th and 9th floor will be transformed to the same spec as in 956.

We have also started to refurbish restaurant & bars on level 3 and will soon be able to launch completely new and fanstatic food & drinks concepts, that have been designed to suit a wide spectra of guest profile and needs. Very exciting!!

Looking forward to welcoming you back shortly.

Cheers.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We have stayed here many times as it is so convenient for early flights out of Manchester. This time we were very disappointed with the restaurant. My husaband ordered steak - medium rare. It was served wafer thin and definitely well done. There was also limited choice on wines and desserts. The service was lacking and next time we stay we will eat in the cheaper restaurant as the main restaurant leaves a lot to be desired.

1  Thank diggler62
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times and have always enjoyed our stay. It's proximity to the airport is great, no need to wait outside in cold wet weather waiting for a transfer is a bonus.

This year I made a mistake on the booking and made a reservation on the wrong day so according to their records we turned up a day early, which was the day we were flying. However, the lovely receptionist, sorry I didn't get her name, sorted it out and quickly changed our reservation and only charged us £25 admin fee. As we had booked using a early booking rate I fully expected to pay the full rack rate so was very relieved that she sorted it for us. Thank goodness the hotel wasn't full.

The room we were allocated was sufficient for our needs, clean and the bed was very comfortable, which is all anyone needs on a overnight stay.

We were also very surprised at the complimentary snack breakfast on our departure, they had a great selection of teas and coffees. The decaf coffee tasted like proper coffee!

We wouldn't hesitate to use this hotel again but I will be checking my dates very carefully in the future.

1  Thank Margaret D
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at the hotel a few years ago. Great hotel with a high spec. However the quality of the standard "Scandinavian" rooms has deteriorated and according to the hotel they are going to be refurbished.

This month, March 2013, asked for an upgrade to business class and got it. In fairness to the hotel, I think that they know they have a problem and are open to criticism.

Love the pillows.

Room Tip: Ask for airside rooms before you come to the hotel.
1  Thank Waterbeck
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Location, location, location! This hotel is perfect if you are having to get up for an early check in as you can walk through to the terminal from hotel reception. Prices for rooms are reasonable, and their is a complimentary snack breakfast and small health club. We left our car in the terminal one car park, again at a reasonable price and everything worked like clockwork for departure and arrival back in UK.
The negative was the dreadful evening meal, although the restaurant manager was able to remove one meal from our bill and gave a complimentary glass of (highly priced, of course!) wine. Why is that with captive diners chefs seem to think that they can send out poor quality plates? The worst was the steak sandwich, with the steak minimal and murdered. Actually the manager confessed to several complaints that evening - well fix the kitchen then and reap the benefits of a good all round experience for your guests! We would stay again, but eat elsewhere.

1  Thank malcsaville
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Have stayed here before our flight for the past few years. Painless check in, we had requested an airside room when booking, on checking in we asked if the room was airside and assured it was, it was not airside. A visit to reception and this was rectified. We had evening meal which was very good, well presented and the surrounding relaxing.
The room was clean, the bed comfortable everything needed for an overnight stay. Breakfast was quite good, check out easy.
Having stayed at this hotel for a number of years, it is beginning to look a little worn and dated.
Just a personal pet hate, the coffee tables with the etching of a lady smoking, really dated.
However the advantages of the hotel will mean we will be returning.

1  Thank olive064
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

First I want to notify you that this place has gone badly down hill,i was a regular customer at this hotel until now!will not ever ever return back here again,don't waste your money-i would recommemd u saving your money and using the other on site hotels that are much cheaper,firstly I booked my room for back in december 2012 and phoned up to check my booking the day before arriving(which I haven't done at all before) and they was no booking on the system which was wrong so I had to end up getting a lady to phone the hotel to cllarify my booking and then the hotel said they wanted a copy of my booking via email,which was finally done and then the day I arrived it was a nightmare! First they where putting me in a room I hadn't booked and then they said the money for the stay wouldn't be taking out of my account until the next day wjich is wronng because they wanted all the bank details on the day u arrived to make sure, they got there money,so I ended up having to phone a friend up and ask them if I could use there creditcard just so I could get the room,even though I would have been paying it myself on check out,i was really embarrsed about this,having to end up asking a mate there card details,the lady said they couldn't offer me a room unless they could clarify by the computer that they will get there money(don't forget it doesn't state this always on booking sites),so I was sat waiting over 3 hours in reception with my 5 year old thinking now wherw going to miss our holiday the next day because it would have taken fours to get back home annd then by the time I got home,it would be time to set off again and would have missed my flight,even though the money on my cxard would be on my card on check out(u know the day they say they take the money they wasn't hhaving any of it)so in the end my mate had to give his details not just on the pphone but via email too before the booking could go ahead.so do not go to this hotel if first you want to know u have the room u booked for and bad customer service and mixed up rules,so I will be stayong at a hotel like the premier inn as they r really good, use them all the time when going to sheffield) and they don't request any money from u ¡Until checking out! And they make sure you've hhad a good stay if not then they don't expect u to pay and the food is fab,as with radisson ,rip off on drinks,food,and rooms not worth the cost u have to pay,don't ever go near the fridge in the rooms at this hotel because first as soon as u open the door even to have a look?they assume you've taking a drink stright away,even if u just looked-they try to say u have and make u pay it on checkout-so stay clear,this hotel did used to be very good value for money and what u got but now its gone down hill and is a big NO NO,

• Stayed: March 2013