“Great location, excellent hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
West Midlands, England
“Great location, excellent hotel”
Reviewed February 18, 2008

I recently stayed at the Radission SAS Hotel Manchester Airport the night before I travelled to Barbados for a holiday. I had looked on the internet and was delighted to find a hotel next door to the airport I did however make the booking direct with the hotel reservations. We had a twin non-smoking room without breakfast, our flight was early so it wasn't required, the cost was £99 not bad for a top class hotel. We arrived in the snow and immediately had out bags collected and delivered straight to our room.

The room was of excellent standard and modern with coffee and tea making facilities. The hotel is connected by a covered walk way to all terminals and within easy walking distance.

We had a meal in the Runway Restaurant which was also very good.

Overall our stay was excellent and the location took the worry of going on holiday away as the hotel was so close to the airport. I shall certainly stay again if I fly from Manchester.

Kaye Powell - Room 658

Stayed February 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,128)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Yorkshire
Reviewed February 16, 2008

We stayed here for one night before a flight at 9am the next morning and we were very impressed with the location, it really couldn't have been much more convenient.
Of course, you do pay for this convenience.
Our room was well laid out and there was no airport noise but the service is what you'd expect from a somewhat impersonal, business orientated hotel chain. Nothing bad - although we were a bit surprised that the restaurant closed quite early (especially for an airport hotel) and the staff were not particularly friendly. But nothing really wrong and we would probably stay there again if we had an early morning flight.
We would definitely recommend booking airport car-parking with Securapark who come and pick up your car from the hotel and deliver it to you at the arrivals gate when you return - Mark was brilliant, being very flexible and understanding as we had to change our timings a couple of times.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tibbles
Philadelphia
Reviewed February 11, 2008

Very convenient for travel, nice rooms, excellent and helpful staff and service.

John Crosby
Room 468

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2008

We booked two rooms at the airport Radisson on the basis of the reviews we had read on TA. We had never stayed at this airport before - Hotel was nice and there was nothing to complain about apart from the evening meal. Service was very slow and the food was not cooked as we had ordered even when put back. There were obviously issues that night for whatever reason so may be ok at other times. I know this as the restaurant manager did apologise for the wait and offered free soup, which was the best bit of the meal.

Breakfast (buffet) was fine but the evening meal was really very poor and pretty expensive. The portion of chips consisted of 6 rectangular cut potatoes about the size of a chunky chip sauteed, would be fine for youngsters but not enough for an adult.
I would return to the hotel but not the Phileas Fogg Restaurant for dinner.

• Liked — Proximity ot the airport
  • Disliked — Phileas Fogg Restaurant - poor service and quality
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2008

It's important to have a good night's sleep before a Transatlantic flight and also to be on time for it and at the Radisson, I achieved both even though it was a bit on the pricey side. It is attached to the Manchester airport so I did not have to worry about running late.

The decor was an Italian theme and I found the room to be very relaxing and spacious. Very colorful I might add but in a subtle way. Just not a big fan of having the tv hanging from the corner of my room.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled solo
Lusaka
Reviewed February 7, 2008

A week since I left Radisson SAS hotel,Manchester Airport...That place is great.The hotel is marvelous.Felt like crying when I was leaving for my country,because I just didn't want to leave that place.It was home away from home.I was on level 7,nice view from there.It was my first time in the UK,so to have such an experience first time,was great.The meals (breakfast) were good,hospitality too,only a few receptionists weren't too friendly/nice but that's understandable...I have no complaints really,I had a great time.thank you.

Andrew Nyan'golo Phiri,729.

Stayed January 2008
Denmark
Reviewed February 6, 2008

Room was booked by our European headoffice in Manchester. Very nice rooms, very little noise considering the closeness of the airport. Very good service at check-in / out. The internet access is very imortant for me when I travel and this worked to my full expectations - fast and easy to log on. Bar and restaurant facilities a bit noisy for my taste - but otherwise OK.

• Liked — Comfort at the room
  • Disliked — Noiselevel in bar/restaurant area
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business