We stayed here on Friday night. We had booked a deluxe room for £100 but when we arrived we were upgraded to a Junior Suite.
We were VERY impressed. Our room was on a split level, we had a large bathroom, sitting area, tv, fridge etc on the ground floor, with a small balcony and then upstairs we had a huge bed with another bathroom, tv and a larger balcony.
We were in Manchester for a gig and we were reluctant to leave the lovely room! On our return we stopped for a late drink in the bar, it was quite rowdy with a group of football supporters over for a match. The bar staff seamed to be more interested in joining in with the group then serving us drinks, unfortunately.
Breakfast sitting along side the canel, was very good and lots of it, although my only small complaint would be that there were 2 x types of bacon but I thought it might have been more use to have 2 x types of sausage for those of us who do not enjoy Cumberland, only a small point.
Valet parking is at a charge of £12 which I did think was excessive but you have no choice but to pay. On our departure we left our bags with the concierge who was going to put them in the back of our car for us as we were going into town for a few hours.
On our return we collected our car but no bags, we discovered that our bags had been put into the boot of a totally different car, luckily the owner had not left the hotel yet!
I cannot find a single fault with the room we had but a few minor service issues stops me from giving this a 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the vibrant Manchester city centre on the banks of the River Irwell, the Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel in England exudes a historical charm. Our cozy 4-star Manchester hotel's location across from Granada Television Studios is ideal, as guests enjoy a short and pleasant stroll to the Opera House, Spinningfields area, and Palace Theatre. Since our Manchester city center hotel's origin was a warehouse built in 1844, you will find many authentic details in our guest rooms including exposed brick and oak beams. Our £3 million renovation in 2014 highlights the old architecture and new contemporary flair, along with modern comforts and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, LateRooms, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Manchester Victoria And Albert Hotel
- Marriott Manchester Victoria Albert Hotel
- Manchester Marriott