On arrival we liked the hotel - unusual building and staff friendly. We had booked a superior room for 3 nights and were offered an upgrade to a delux room for an extra £25 per night which we took - this didn't include breakfast but we were told the upgraded room had a lovely view and was more spacious. When we were shown the room it was a real disappointment - the promised fantastic view turned out to be the canal to a bit of wasteland covered in rubbish - the room was dark except at night when a bright light from the wasteland shone till morning. As there was nothing else included for the extra £25 a night we were not impressed.
We had dinner at the hotel - this again was extremely disappointing. The staff were friendly but clearly didn't know what they were doing. The chairs were filthy. The food was bland and expensive - £17.95 for a small piece of chicken, mashed potato and leek - the waitress even said the potato wasn't included in the price and would have to be ordered separately as the menu was a la carte! A very expensive bit of chicken - which still had bone in it. Perhaps staff training would be a good idea.
When we checked out we queried the descriptions of rooms and were told that the basic room is called 'superior' . We felt this was misleading - superior to what??
The car came back from the secure parking (£14 per night) covered in bird droppings - the last straw. We won't be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the vibrant Manchester city centre on the banks of the River Irwell, the Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel in England exudes a historical charm. Our cozy 4-star Manchester hotel's location across from Granada Television Studios is ideal, as guests enjoy a short and pleasant stroll to the Opera House, Spinningfields and Deansgate areas and Palace Theatre. Very convenient to reach the Manchester United and Manchester City football grounds. Since our Manchester city center hotel's origin was a warehouse built in 1844, you will find many authentic details in our guest rooms including exposed brick and oak beams. Our £3 million renovation in 2014 highlights the old architecture and new contemporary flair, along with modern comforts and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Manchester Victoria And Albert Hotel
- Marriott Manchester Victoria Albert Hotel
- Manchester Marriott