A pretty decent Marriott - the building is a red-brick warehouse conversion with lots of original design features, e.g. bare beams, pillars and bare bricks on the river-side internal wall of the room.
The furnishing and decor are contemporary but complement the building well, giving it a homely feel. The rooms are spacious and well designed though the old school big-box tv could do with updating - we had room overlooking the river which was a nice touch.
The location is excellent - a short walk from the new Leftfield / Spinningfields development with it's water-front restaurants and bars, and around a 5 / 10 min walk into the town centre. After a hectic day's shopping or a night out, it's so nice to be able to cut-off Deansgate and take the short (and quiet) stroll to the peace of the hotel.
Breakfast was excellent, with unhurried but efficient service. The bar area is reasonably large and comfortable with both the bar and restaurant overlooking the river.
The only letdowns are the front-desk - efficient but uninviting (as an aside, the map we were provided with of manchester was a black and white, fuzzy print out on A4 - shoddy); and room service was slow - 45 mins ave. wait time - and poor quality when it arrived (club sandwich made with chicken roll).
I would return to the V&A - if the management team can address the little niggling issues that I, and previous reviewers have mentioned, then this would easily be a 5/5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the vibrant Manchester city centre on the banks of the River Irwell, the Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel in England exudes a historical charm. Our cozy 4-star Manchester hotel's location across from Granada Television Studios is ideal, as guests enjoy a short and pleasant stroll to the Opera House, Spinningfields and Deansgate areas and Palace Theatre. Very convenient to reach the Manchester United and Manchester City football grounds. Since our Manchester city center hotel's origin was a warehouse built in 1844, you will find many authentic details in our guest rooms including exposed brick and oak beams. Our £3 million renovation in 2014 highlights the old architecture and new contemporary flair, along with modern comforts and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Manchester Victoria And Albert Hotel
- Marriott Manchester Victoria Albert Hotel
- Manchester Marriott