We stayed for 2 nights ovewr a weekend and really liked the hotel. We were given an immediate upgrade to a VIP executive room on arrival and without asking. The Receptionist and concierge staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. The valet parking worked well. Our room was spacious and clean and the air con was extremely efficient - excellent as it was 28 degrees outside! The building is lovely, with period features and very well appointed. There was a wedding at the hotel on one night but we didn't hear a thing in our room. The bed was so so comfortable and the linen good quality and spotless - I had the best nights sleep in ages. The view from the room wasn't great - the back of the hotel, overlooking where valet parking is located and above the service entrance to the hotel and where staff congregate for a chat and a smoke, but it didn't really bother us as we kept the windows closed. At £16.95 the breakfast was a bit pricey, but we found several places more realistically priced within a short walk of the hotel. The hotel is in an excellent position for all that central Manchester has to offer. When we came to check out we had been charged for 2 nights parking for 2 cars, when we only have one car. The only gripe I have was that the Receptionist was very frosty when dealing with this. She removed the additional cost but that was the end of our conversation with her, no apology and we were quickly dismissed with none of the usual enquiries about how we had found our stay, safe journey home etc etc! Quite a contrast to the very friendly welcome from one of her colleagues on arrival. However, we will certainly stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the vibrant Manchester city centre on the banks of the River Irwell, the Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel in England exudes a historical charm. Our cozy 4-star Manchester hotel's location across from Granada Television Studios is ideal, as guests enjoy a short and pleasant stroll to the Opera House, Spinningfields and Deansgate areas and Palace Theatre. Very convenient to reach the Manchester United and Manchester City football grounds. Since our Manchester city center hotel's origin was a warehouse built in 1844, you will find many authentic details in our guest rooms including exposed brick and oak beams. Our £3 million renovation in 2014 highlights the old architecture and new contemporary flair, along with modern comforts and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Marriott, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Manchester Victoria And Albert Hotel
- Marriott Manchester Victoria Albert Hotel
- Manchester Marriott