Stayed overnight recently and because I booked in advance got a twin room (with 2 double beds) for £69. The hotel is ideally placed for accessing the city centre as you can walk into the centre in around 10 minutes, or if you are visiting local attractions such as MOSI that is literally around the corner. There is parking, which we didn't use (£16 per night), but if you are arriving by train alight at Deansgate station and it's around a 7 minute walk from there. We didn't eat there - £16 for a breakfast seemed steep - but there are plenty cafes/restaurants/bakeries nearby if you fancy that instead. If you need a newsagent there are several nearby too. The room itself was spacious, with the standard desk, easy chair, iron, ironing board and - most importantly for me - a window that opened. As usual it was on a catch, but it meant that we could get fresh air in the room. The bathroom was clean and had usual facilities and was spacious enough to move around in comfortably. The shower controller button looked a bit dated, but the shower itself was powerful and hot so don't be put off by it. Everywhere was clean and we had the usual tea making facilities. There are no plug sockets next to the bed, but there are two on the wall opposite, above the desk so you could work there with your laptop if it needed to be charged up. Unlike lots of hotels, the curtains closed fully which meant that it made for a totally dark room but there was a digital clock on the TV which I covered up with the menu so I couldn't see it. The bedding was lovely, a (what I presume to be) feather quilt, as it was very light, and 4 plumptious pillows per bed. We didn't eat or drink there so can't comment on that, but it was a comfortable stay in a great location and we would definitely book again. It's not on a main road so there's not continually passing traffic which can be a bind in city hotels. A good pub to eat in which is near is The Oxnoble Manchester - you can stay there too but I've no idea what's that like. I can recommend the food though! There are also several good pubs nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the vibrant Manchester city centre on the banks of the River Irwell, the Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel in England exudes a historical charm. Our cozy 4-star Manchester hotel's location across from Granada Television Studios is ideal, as guests enjoy a short and pleasant stroll to the Opera House, Spinningfields and Deansgate areas and Palace Theatre. Very convenient to reach the Manchester United and Manchester City football grounds. Since our Manchester city center hotel's origin was a warehouse built in 1844, you will find many authentic details in our guest rooms including exposed brick and oak beams. Our £3 million renovation in 2014 highlights the old architecture and new contemporary flair, along with modern comforts and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Manchester Victoria And Albert Hotel
- Marriott Manchester Victoria Albert Hotel
- Manchester Marriott