“Would definintely stay here again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel

Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel
Ranked #26 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“Would definintely stay here again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed here for one night in November 2013. The room was lovely, with lots of character and the staff were friendly and helpful. Parking was very reasonable and within walking distance to shops (Arndale etc) and Theatre (we went to The Palace). Would definitely like to stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my daughter mid November and experienced immediate issues as we entered out room on first floor. The odour was musty, tv not working and then discovered the shower was leaking. On my way to reception I was approached by a member of the maintenance staff- Hassen, he dealt with my issues promptly with a very charming smile. On our return to the room, the issues were sorted. Staff are an attribute to this hotel!

Stayed November 2013
derbyshire ,uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on the 23rd of November.we had booked a king size bed as mum and I were going to the Xmas market so we shared the room.As we stepped into the main reception area you notice the beautiful beams that are also in the bedrooms.we were greeted with a warm smile and was given all the information we needed.my car was taken off to a secure parking area. After a long day at the market we went back to the hotel to rest in a warm bath to soak our stiff bones.noticing the bath tap was broken then the remote controlled for the TV had the battery compartment back missing so it was stuck down with tape looking very unsightly. the beds were very comfortable and we had a very good sleep.the view out our bedroom window was onto the canal with a good view of some graffiti !!.the hotel was clean and the staff were help full and very attentive. the breakfast was very nice with a good selection .must say the bacon was very dry and hard but the sausages were lovely.after our complaint was discussed with the management and sorted out we started our journey home but we both thought we had paid well over the odds for this hotel.it was nice but not for the amount paid.

Room Tip: Note the rooms with canal view look over a road and building work and the graffiti
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Wirral, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Nice room, location suited for show, all in all yes would recommend and yes would stay again - however - loo flush positively asthmatic and in need of a personal trainer, turning on shower was a Trial for Hercules (had to do it for wife - now traumatised - not seen naked for 40 years - should I sue!) and Tea tray stocked by Scrooge on a mean day. Penny pinching doesn't suit when you pay these bar charges etc oh and and 4 star hotel ?. Did find standing by the room door mean't could still access public wi-fi whereas 2 yards to right meant paying £6 an hour log on costs. No hotel info in room (TV site a joke but maybe remote batteries were cloggin the loo) and for us hard of hearing why are subtitles on TV not available? Petty perhaps but wasn't me that gave the hotel the star rating. However did enjoy stay and opinions honest and as we found. Staff and breakfast were very good and repeat - yes we would stay again and also recommend !

1 Thank Idespair
Burnley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We ( my wife and myself) stopped at this hotel for one night on the 16th November 2013 to allow us to attend the Opera House for a performance of Singing in the Rain. The hotel is ideally situated for this theatre and other local amenities. We had booked a superior king size room and were placed on the 2nd floor. Everything was excellent, lovely room with good bathroom, in fact no complaints whatsoever. We were allowed to go to our room early prior to the theatre visit. After the theatre performance we returned the short distance to out hotel and enjoyed drinks in the comfortable lounge. We then tidied ourselves up prior to taking an evening meal in the hotel and again this was excellent, my wife had lemon sole and I had a sirloin steak, both mouth watering. Our waiter was such a cheerful young chap. That night we slept well in the large comfortable bed and had an excellent breakfast next morning, my favourite meal. Believe it or not, even paying the bill was a pleasant experience with a delightful female receptionist who rushed out of the hotel to get a taxi for our use. All in all an excellent stay and although it had been a few years since we had stayed at the hotel, we will not leave it as long before returning so yes I certainly recommend this hotel and remember it is so handy for venues such as the Opera House

Room Tip: The second floor overlooking the water is quiet.
2 Thank Genealogist011
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed on November the 14th and upgraded to a suite. We loved it and found all the staff very polite and attentive. Breakfast was very good, lots of choice. We did have a slightly strange experience whilst waiting for the lift when we both witnessed an unusual figure in the corridor. My husband actually remarked ' look at the ghost'. Well it is an old building so who knows ! This would not put us off staying again but I would be interested to know if anybody else has witnessed anything.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here on the 16th Nov 2013 with my wife for one night. Ideally situated for Singing in the Rain at the Opera House. On arrival we were offered an upgrade to a Superior room with breakfast, valet parking and Wifi. The room was large and clean. We decided to have a cup of tea only to find that there were only two tea bags and one biscuit. It was easier to share a tea bag and save one to share before breakfast the next morning than wait for more to be delivered. I had the one biscuit at the wife's insistence. The included Wifi was not free as I had assumed and was charged hourly, daily, or weekly. In this day and age I would have thought that providing a Wifi connection in a room would by now be a basic service and not a paid for extra. Free Wifi was available close to reception in a public area. The bathroom was clean and large but on use found that extractor fan did not work, filling the bathroom with steam and rendering the mirror useless. The surround to the tissue dispenser near to the hand basin was hanging off the wall. We decided to eat in the restaurant before going out. My wife ordered pork and I chose a steak. The pork was fine but the steak was cold. If we had had more time I would have sent it back. On complaining to the waiter the matter was resolved and I was not charged for that part of the meal. The bed was the most uncomfortable we have encountered in a long time. Whilst taking a stroll around the various Christmas markets on the Sunday morning we both suffered with back ache. The staff were pleasant and friendly at all times and the valet parking is a bonus. All in all a rather disappointing overnight stay.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VA_Manchester, General Manager at Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Grimbarian,
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to complete an online review following your recent stay with us.
I am sorry to hear that overall your stay did not match your expectations. I am particularly surprised that you found the bed uncomfortable as this is normally an area in which we excel, I have checked the room that you occupied and can confirm that the bed and mattress and both in excellent condition, I can only preume that you found that the mattress topper made the bed too soft. My property manager has checked the bathroom extraction and it appears as though the unit had tripped out.
With regards to our provision of wifi, this is provided complimentary in all public areas and should have been included in your upgraded room package.
Do please contact me should you be looking to return to Manchester in the near future, so that we have the opportunity to demonstrate our true colours.
Kind regards,