We stayed at this hotel, as we were going to see Kylie at the MEN arena. We decided on this hotel after reading the reviews
The V&A easy to find, with parking on site. The hotel is about a 15mins walk into the city centre/Arena and is located opp the Granda TV Studios.
My partner and I was greeted with warm welcome, as this was my partner 40th Birthday treat we were upgraded to a suite and a bottle of champayne on ice in the room. The room was clean with lots of room. There was the usual items inside the room bathrooms, slippers ect... The bed was to die for. We did not want to get up the next morning and I wanted to take it home.
We decided not to have dinner at the hotel and we wondered into town, which had a large choice of places to eat. We ended up at the Hard Rock Cafe, we is located opp Harvey Nicks. The service was brilliant. Food was good valve. Plus if your a non drinker, we can chose to have a bottomless glass of coke ect. I have to said I loved the cocktails.
We then pop back to the hotel to get ready for the concert. On the way out we went into the bar, once again nothing was too much trouble. We were called my our names and again when we pop in again for a nightcap. The drinks were not too bad on price for a large hotel chain.
We thought the breakfast has a exellent choice, with good views over the canal. The breakfast was a buffet style and we were not rushed, even thought the hotel was fully booked.
We both wished we could have stayed longer. This is an brilliant hotel and would use again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the vibrant Manchester city centre on the banks of the River Irwell, the Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel in England exudes a historical charm. Our cozy 4-star Manchester hotel's location across from Granada Television Studios is ideal, as guests enjoy a short and pleasant stroll to the Opera House, Spinningfields and Deansgate areas and Palace Theatre. Very convenient to reach the Manchester United and Manchester City football grounds. Since our Manchester city center hotel's origin was a warehouse built in 1844, you will find many authentic details in our guest rooms including exposed brick and oak beams. Our £3 million renovation in 2014 highlights the old architecture and new contemporary flair, along with modern comforts and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Manchester Victoria And Albert Hotel
- Marriott Manchester Victoria Albert Hotel
- Manchester Marriott