“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #23 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Worcester. UK
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed July 18, 2008

We stayed at this hotel, as we were going to see Kylie at the MEN arena. We decided on this hotel after reading the reviews
Trip Advisor.

The V&A easy to find, with parking on site. The hotel is about a 15mins walk into the city centre/Arena and is located opp the Granda TV Studios.

My partner and I was greeted with warm welcome, as this was my partner 40th Birthday treat we were upgraded to a suite and a bottle of champayne on ice in the room. The room was clean with lots of room. There was the usual items inside the room bathrooms, slippers ect... The bed was to die for. We did not want to get up the next morning and I wanted to take it home.

We decided not to have dinner at the hotel and we wondered into town, which had a large choice of places to eat. We ended up at the Hard Rock Cafe, we is located opp Harvey Nicks. The service was brilliant. Food was good valve. Plus if your a non drinker, we can chose to have a bottomless glass of coke ect. I have to said I loved the cocktails.

We then pop back to the hotel to get ready for the concert. On the way out we went into the bar, once again nothing was too much trouble. We were called my our names and again when we pop in again for a nightcap. The drinks were not too bad on price for a large hotel chain.

We thought the breakfast has a exellent choice, with good views over the canal. The breakfast was a buffet style and we were not rushed, even thought the hotel was fully booked.

We both wished we could have stayed longer. This is an brilliant hotel and would use again.

• Liked — The Bed
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2008

Oh brother where do I start, a family member booked this hotel for us as a break from the kids, After checking in to the hotel, we dropped our luggage and went to town, came back at about 9pm, just thought of having an early night, a guest walked in to our room, saying "this is my room" whilst we were in bed. So I rang down to reception, the receptionist says, its the guy who walked in to our room should be in room, and i am on arrival, and tells me he will call back in 5 minuts, with no appology.
In the morning when we highlited this to reception, no one knew anything about it and will let a manager know and they will call me, and I am still waiting after 3 weeks later.
So thank you Marriott.

• Liked — Nothing much, because I did not get an appology
  • Disliked — Really don't know hoe a normal person could walk in to my room and sees me naked
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
bath
Reviewed June 21, 2008

I went to see the Police at the MEN arena and decided to stay at this hotel because it's only 15 minutes walk from the venue and I read excellent reviews with trip advisor.
Room was spacious, when we arrived we were concerned because there were road works outside but I was happy to see that windows were totally insulated. Beds were so comfortable we didn't want to wake up. Breakfast was very nice too, good selection. Dinner (inclusive in the escape package) was lovely. Customer service is really what makes this place stand out from the rest. Staff are polite, attentive. Particularly Caroline at the Restaurant delivered one of the best customer service I have experienced (I used to be a store manager and know a lot about customer service).
Only point to note, be advised that when you check your card will not be charged but a request will be sent to your bank for the amount plus £100 as deposit for extras you may buy (minibar, drinks at the restaurant). I was near my limit after having bought front row tickets therefore I received a warning from my bank and had to deposit more money in my account to avoid incurring charges. I was only charged after I left, but for the bank it looked like as if the hotel took the whole amount plus £100, therefore this triggered the overdraft limit. I had preferred if staff at the concierge told me this when I checked in. But this is a very small point to note compared to the amazing stay we had. Definitely recommend this hotel highly.

• Liked — customer service
  • Disliked — fact i wasn't informed about deposit request to bank via my debit card (although money wasn't actually taken)
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
UK
Reviewed June 9, 2008

I stayed here for one night with my husband on my 40th birthday and absolutely loved it.

From when we first arrived and were courteously offered valet parking to when we left the whole stay was a pleasure.

We booked the romance package in a deluxe room but were upgraded to a junior suite when we arrived - this was the only room I've stayed in where the room had an upstairs (with a bedroom) and a downstairs (with a lounge) and 2 bathrooms, it was light and very airy and spotlessly clean.

We had cocktails in the bar in the afternoon which did take a while to come, but we didn't mind as we weren't in any hurry!

My only criticism and it's minor is that there was only a standard tv in the room and I think in a room and hotel of that standard there should be a flat screen, but this didn't detract from our stay in any way

breakfast the next day was very nice, there was a breakfast buffet which had lots of choices, tea/coffee and toast was brough to the table

all in all, very friendly staff and an excellent overall stay - I would go there again and would recommend it

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank Cenedra38
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2008

No wonder this hotel is No 1!! We stayed just one night and enjoyed every minute of this lovely hotel. Friendly and attentive staff from the moment we checked in to the Concierge who brought our car back to us at the end of our stay. We had a superior king room on the third floor overlooking the River Irwell and when we arrived we had a chilled bottle of champagne and chocolates waiting for us. Great service in the V&A Bar, good food, good wine and one of the most confortable beds I've slept in for a long time! Well done V&A we can't wait to return.

• Liked — Wonderful bed, large bathroom and plenty of storage
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rapunzal2
dublin
Reviewed May 17, 2008

this has to one of thes best hotels i have ever stayed in.

everything was perfect: staff, service, food............a great room.

• Liked — the pole in the bedroom and the open beems
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed May 12, 2008

I stayed one night at the Mariot the rooms are clean and big, and the staff was very kind and welcoming.If you are driving they provide a car space right outside the hotel.It is ideal if you are on a business trip.I had lunch there nothing special just a burger) and it was quite nice.

• Liked — Romm size
  • Disliked — nothing in particular
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)