“Great stay!”

Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel
Ranked #24 of 119 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My friend and I stayed here just on Friday night, what a great time! The room was perfect, the beds really comfy and the hotel is in a great location. Manchester have these free Metro shuttle buses which run on 3 routes all over the city, to and from piccadilly train station, and one stops just a 2min walk from the hotel which was perfect!

All the staff couldn't have been more helpful even when after returning from our night out in the early hours and the tea/coffee cupboard would've open, so the concierge kindly brought us cups & tea/coffee up to the room!

Would definitely come back here and stay again! The hotel used to be an old warehouse so it has loads of original features and character which is lovely. They also have a great outside terrace area beside the bar, overlooking the river - a fab place to relax, especially if the un is out!

The only downside for us was the cost of the breakfast, which at £15.95 per person is way too expensive. We ended up going to a lovely deli (katsouris, just on Deansgate) in town just a 5 minute walk away and paid half the price!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Fantastic hotel. I am a Marriot platinum member, so was upgraded to a lovely suite room. The room was clean and huge with 3 separate rooms. The marriot bed was as ever simple the best sleep experience you can have.
The breakfast was also excellent with good choice and staff were constantly on hand to refresh the hot plate.
My only gripe was being on top floor and one of the lifts was unreliable, with an intermittent fault just stopping at your floor and opening and closing door without moving.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Join the Marriot rewards program, the stay 2 nights and get a free nights stay offer is excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is the second time my wife and I have stayed here in 6 months and again we were very satisfied with the hotel. The staff are very helpful
The rooms are well decorated and very comfortable
Breakfast is buffet style but everything is hot and fresh

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had 2 nights this is a tale off the 2 nights!!!!!! We have been before and it's a superb hotel , 1st night we had dinner it was amazing the waitress looked after us 100% food was also top notch and for that reason we changed our plans for the 2nd night and ate in the hotel again ... What a mess the lad behind the bar showed no interest at all we had to find menus then salt and pepper and then sauce ... Top things of had pasta spilt on my crotch which was not an issue accidents happen but the food being left on the floor for half an hour was almost comical .... This just added to a previous issue earlier on in the day so I saw the manager , mainly because people put rubbish on here and the manager says why didn't u point it out at the time !!! She was lovely and she agreed we got free dinner and all was happy ... We will be back we love the place full of character and style !!! Only 4 stars for the minor issues ...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here with my partner for one night on a dinner, bed and breakfast rate and it was very good! The staff are great and a credit to the hotel. It was my 30th birthday whilst at the hotel and they left a birthday card on my bed for me and even sent up some cakes which was great. My partner with the help of staff also decorated our restaurant table and made it a special evening for me. The rooms were really nice, bed was really comfy and the food was excellent, especially the breakfast with plenty if choice. The only two negatives were the dressing gowns didnt have robe ties so you couldn't fasten then gowns and there was only two tea bags and two coffee sachets with four milk. If they had been there l would have given it 5 out of 5, but apart from that I loved it and would definetly come back & will be coming back at some point.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank r1gby1983
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights. When we reached no one came to help us for baggages. At the time of checking in we found that rooms which we had requested were not ready as connected rooms. Cause we had not particularly asked for it. Anyway we settled for another set of rooms connected. Still no one to help us with bags to move to the room. We were told that request of specific type of pillows shall be fulfilled but nothing happened.

Wifi int he room is charged but at the lobby it is free. Breakfast is good and the receptionist/manager at breakfast i excellent.

Room Tip: Be very specific of your requirements while booking the rooms, make a note with reservation about it...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Always stay at the V&A when in Manchester as it is my favourite hotel. I stayed in Dec 2012 for 5 nights on a business trip with a colleague and, because of my familiarity with the property was able to request my preferred room on the top floor. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable with deliciously decadent beds that I have difficulty leaving. Breakfast is a delight with a super buffet choice; good quality grilled bacon and sausages, poached eggs rather than fried, in fact a full English is a very healthy option here. Yes, you have to make your own toast and if you put the bread through the machine twice there is every chance of setting off the fire alarm due to the copious amounts of smoke emanating from the toaster - great fun, what?
The bar prices can be a bit on the high side but you have to remember you are in a top hotel, not a local pub! Staff are unerringly friendly and do whatever is necessary to make your stay as comfortable as possible, and I'm not just saying that because I was invited to the manager's Christmas drinks party!
I hope it isn't too long before my next visit.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
VA_Manchester, General Manager at Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear happytravellerDoha,
Delighted to hear that you always stay with us here at the Marriott Victoria & Albert when in Manchester, you are correct the beds are amazing and deliciously decadent and the english breakfast superb.
Thank you for your kind words about our team, I will pass these on to them.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.
Kind regards,