You can only make one first impression. When we arrived the first thing we saw was the entire building encased in scaffolding and a large truck surrounded by workmen blocking the main entrance to the foyer. When we proceeded to check in I advised the duty manager that had we been aware that renovations were in progress that we would have definitely made other arrangements. He agreed with me and told me it was company policy not to notify potential clients for that very same reason and that could I please complain to head office.
We had booked two rooms for one night but only one reservation could be found even though I had all paperwork confirming our two rooms on the same booking. After some time a second room was allocated and we proceeded to our rooms.
The first thing that strikes you as you enter is a huge timber beam that dissects the room just above head height and a vertical supporting beam that is in the middle of the room.Ok time to have shower and relax, go to the bathroom and climb into the bathtub/shower and even though I am only 6ft tall I cannot stand up straight without my head hitting the ceiling, our son who was occupying the second room is 6ft 2in.
The next morning we checked out and proceeded on our way.That night I was checking my credit card statement online only to find an extra room charge for a no show ( the missing reservation ) after numerous phone calls and emails, a lot of wasted time and money a refund finally appeared minus the usual bank charges for international transactions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the vibrant Manchester city centre on the banks of the River Irwell, the Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel in England exudes a historical charm. Our cozy 4-star Manchester hotel's location across from Granada Television Studios is ideal, as guests enjoy a short and pleasant stroll to the Opera House, Spinningfields and Deansgate areas and Palace Theatre. Very convenient to reach the Manchester United and Manchester City football grounds. Since our Manchester city center hotel's origin was a warehouse built in 1844, you will find many authentic details in our guest rooms including exposed brick and oak beams. Our £3 million renovation in 2014 highlights the old architecture and new contemporary flair, along with modern comforts and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Manchester Victoria And Albert Hotel
- Marriott Manchester Victoria Albert Hotel
- Manchester Marriott