The hotel is a beautifully renovated wharehouse with some charm. It is well situated and not far from shopping and restuarants. The staff friendly and obliging.
Our room was slightly claustrophobic especially with scaffolding outsider the window and some posters blocking the light.
For the number of rooms the breakfast area is cramped and seating had to be found outside the breakfast area. The buffet breakfast was adequate but with limited offerings.
The internet often logged out when not in use and it was at times difficult and time consuming to reconnect. In addition the Internet wasn't free and we were only able to log on some of our devices.
There is no fitness facility - not even a treadmill or exercise bicycle. I was offered free entrance to a fitness club down the road called Bannatynes which is 7/8 minutes walk away but it hasn't the convenience of being on the premises.
In the room there is no mini bar. Even though we were here for four nights no restocking of soap or shampoo took place. On a more basic note we found thst there was no backup supply of toilet paper in the room and we had to ask for another roll. It appeared that the "delivery" of the supplies was late -whatever that meant !
The question is: would I stay here again? I never say never but will first see what else is on offer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the vibrant Manchester city centre on the banks of the River Irwell, the Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel in England exudes a historical charm. Our cozy 4-star Manchester hotel's location across from Granada Television Studios is ideal, as guests enjoy a short and pleasant stroll to the Opera House, Spinningfields and Deansgate areas and Palace Theatre. Very convenient to reach the Manchester United and Manchester City football grounds. Since our Manchester city center hotel's origin was a warehouse built in 1844, you will find many authentic details in our guest rooms including exposed brick and oak beams. Our £3 million renovation in 2014 highlights the old architecture and new contemporary flair, along with modern comforts and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Manchester Victoria And Albert Hotel
- Marriott Manchester Victoria Albert Hotel
- Manchester Marriott